'Official' Character Rankings Discussion 3/20

Options
Hello, while this may not be the best time to discuss changes(Big patch coming on the 23rd), it's been 3 months since we had a character discussion thread. As I said before, if a certain someone make's the official one, I'll be happy to shelve this one.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE CHANGES COMING ON THE 23rd!!!!

Previous character rankings(12/14):

1. 4* Wolverine (X-Force)
2. 4* Thor
3. 3* Thor
4. 4* Nick Fury
5. 3* Daken
6. 3* Black Panther
7. 3* Captain America
8. 3* The Hood
9. 3* Magneto (classic)
10. 3* Blade
11. 3* Wolverine (Patch)
12. 3* Deadpool
13. 3* Hulk
14. 4* Devil Dinosaur
15. 3* Captain Marvel
16. 3* Human Torch
17. 3* Sentry
18. 3* Punisher
19. 3* Falcon
20. 3* Mystique
21. 3* Black Widow (grey suit)
22. 3* Rocket and Groot
23. 3* Loki
24. 3* Colossus
25. 3* Psylocke
26. 3* Daredevil
27. 3* Gamora
28. 3* Doctor Doom
29. 2* Black Widow (original)
30. 3* Iron Man (Model 40)
31. 3* Spider-Man
32. 3* Storm (Mohawk)
33. 2* Ares
34. 3* She-Hulk
35. 3* Ragnarok
36. 4* Invisible Woman
37. 3* Doctor Octopus
38. 2* Storm (classic)
39. 2* Thor
40. 3* Beast
41. 2* Daken
42. 2* Magneto (Marvel Now)
43. 2* Wolverine (Astonishing)
44. 2* Hawkeye (modern)
45. 2* Human Torch
46. 2* Captain Marvel
47. 2* Captain America
48. 1* Juggernaut
49. 2* Bullseye
50. 2* Moonstone
51. 1* Black Widow (Modern)
52. 1* Storm (modern)
53. 1* Iron Man (Model 35)
54. 2* Bag Man
55. 1* Hawkeye (classic)
56. 1* Venom
57. 1* Yelena Belova

New characters: Elektra, Professor X, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Cyclops, Star-Lord, Squirrel Girl

Changed Characters: Ragnarok, Dr. Doom 4*Thor, Iron Fist, 2*Mag, Mystique

General Changes: Team-Ups no longer lock characters out of your roster, Match damage was scaled down(characters have same damage at same level)

Tier List:

Characters are graded on a scale of S to F. S being ridiculously good, F being no reason to play this super-**** character.

S: X-Force icon_wolverine.png, Hood icon_hood.png , Juggernaut icon_juggernaut.png
A: 4*Thor icon_thor.png , 3*Thor icon_thor.png , Nick Fury icon_nickfury.png , 3*Daken icon_daken.png , Black Panther icon_blackpanther.png , 3*Steve icon_captainamerica.png , 3*Mag icon_magneto.png , Blade icon_blade.png , 3*Wolv icon_wolverine.png , Deadpool icon_deadpool.png , Hulk icon_hulk.png , Devil Dino icon_devildino.png , Captain Marvel icon_caroldanvers.png , Falcon icon_falcon.png , Rocket & Groot icon_rocket.png , Loki icon_loki.png , Dr. Doom icon_doctordoom.png , 2*BW icon_blackwidow.png , Ares icon_ares.png , 2*Thor icon_thor.png , Professor X icon_professorx.png , Iron Fist icon_ironfist.png , Luke Cage icon_lukecage.png , Cyclops icon_cyclops.png
B: 3*Torch icon_humantorch.png , Punisher icon_punisher.png , Mystique icon_mystique.png , 2*Daken icon_daken.png , 2*Wolv icon_wolverine.png , 2*Torch icon_humantorch.png , 2*Captain Marvel icon_caroldanvers.png , Squirrel Girl icon_squirrelgirl.png
C: 3*BW icon_blackwidow.png , Colossus icon_colossus_new.png , Daredevil icon_daredevil.png , 3*Storm icon_storm.png , 2*Storm icon_storm.png , 2*Steve icon_captainamerica.png , 1*BW icon_blackwidow.png , 1*Storm, Elektra icon_elektra.png ,
D: Sentry icon_sentry.png , Psylocke icon_psylocke.png , 3*Iron Man icon_ironman.png , 3*Spider-Man icon_spiderman.png , 2*Magneto icon_magneto.png , 1*Iron Man icon_ironman.png , Star-Lord icon_starlord.png
E: She-Hulk icon_shehulk.png , Dr. Octopus icon_doctoroctopus.png , Bullseye icon_bullseye.png , 1*Hawkeye icon_hawkeye.png
F: Gamora icon_gamora.png , Ragnarok icon_ragnarok.png , Beast icon_beast.png , 2*Hawkeye icon_hawkeye.png , Moonstone icon_moonstone.png , Venom icon_venom.png ,
Are you serious tier: Invisible Woman icon_invisiblewoman.png , Bag-man icon_spiderman.png , Yelena icon_yelena.png

Comments

• darkmagearcanis
    darkmagearcanis Posts: 401
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was just thinking of this and lo and behold a like minded individual came in and started already. I think this should be done at the very least every 3 months to keep the rankings fairly up to date with new characters and other's changes.

The changes I would make, would likely be 4* Thor would drop by 1 place in terms of speed 3* Thor is faster post-nerf. Iron Fist I see as Top 5 based on how he interacts with most other top tier characters. Cage, I would think top 15, haven't had a chance to play with him much. Cyclops I could see as a top 10 character since he feeds himself or others. I think Rags has fallen by about 5-6 positions. Doom has risen to at least top 25 maybe even top 20. Those are my opinions.
  • Loki probably didn't rise enough last time, and Sentry didn't fall enough.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My list is in my signature. As a snapshot, here's my current top 10. For the "official" list I think it should wait until at least the 23rd, when the newest changes take effect.

1. 4* Wolverine
    2. Professor X
    3. The Hood
    4. Iron Fist
    5. 4* Thor
    6. 3* Thor
    7. Black Panther
    8. Patch
    9. Loki
    10. 3* Magneto
  • I was just thinking of this and lo and behold a like minded individual came in and started already. I think this should be done at the very least every 3 months to keep the rankings fairly up to date with new characters and other's changes.

The changes I would make, would likely be 4* Thor would drop by 1 place in terms of speed 3* Thor is faster post-nerf. Iron Fist I see as Top 5 based on how he interacts with most other top tier characters. Cage, I would think top 15, haven't had a chance to play with him much. Cyclops I could see as a top 10 character since he feeds himself or others. I think Rags has fallen by about 5-6 positions. Doom has risen to at least top 25 maybe even top 20. Those are my opinions.

Yeah, there's another person who does it, but as they said they do this in their spare time. Hopefully their version still comes cuz its more fleshed out than mine.

Also, since I'm so far from the peak of the game, its hard for me to tell what top 10 will look like. Of course I guess we'll find out on the 23rd.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Where's a mischief-maker when you need one....
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So I'd just like to state that I'm a 2*-3* transition player before I go into rankings. It's hard for me to judge the cream of the crop when I can't even touch them. That being said, I think I'll grade them(S through F) and comment when necessary.

icon_wolverine.png X-Force:

With 4*Thor nerfed, and even Iron Fist(LOL!) nerfed it seems like X-Force has gotten away scot-free. And as the dust clears, it's clear who's the Best There Is. I don't think there's much I need to say beyond Iron Fist feeds into X-Force(even after nerf). Professor X doesn't play well with him, and doesn't threaten him much IMO.

Grade: S(Use in every fight possible)

Commentary: X-Force needs a nerf. I haven't had the pleasure of playing with X-Force but it seems like his blackflag.png does WAYYYY too much. I understand he's a 4*, but that doesn't keep Star-Lord or Susan from sucking.

icon_thor.png 4*Thor:

I really didn't see her getting nerfed, but it seems like her having charge tiles are a sticking point with the devs(First the hood change so that he can't gain ap, now actually nerfing her). I can't properly comment on where she ends up in the rankings, but the common consenus seems to be she's now outclassed by top-tier 3* characters such as 3*Thor(which is sad, really)

Grade: A/B(Can't really tell how much she's fallen, but her nerf was severe and that will hurt her rank ALOT)

Commentary: I honestly didn't see her getting a nerf - especially with X-Force around. I don't think its necessary.

icon_thor.png 3*Thor:

Although 3* Thor hasn't been touched, I think with the nerf bat making its rounds, Thor will become a shining option for both pure power and infinite/semi-infinite potential(Storm + Thor, etc.). Thor still has big HP and one of the best kits in the game.

Grade: A(Maybe S?)

Commentary: I'm curious as to if he's actually better than his 4* counterpart now.

icon_nickfury.png Nick Fury:

Nick Fury, constantly overshadowed. Even with 4*Thor's nerf, Professor X has much more relevant, faster, immediate effects than ol' Nick. Sure, he's strong, but he's too slow.

Grade: A-(Too Slow)

Commentary: Nick Fury is too slow to be relevant.

icon_daken.png 3*Daken:

Not much to say - Ragnarok changes means he is less powerful in PVE.

Grade: A

icon_blackpanther.png 3*Black Panther:

As the Goddess falls, T'Challa only benefits - much like 3*Thor he hasn't been touched, and will either go up or stay the same in ranking. Iron Fist makes this Panther even more blackflag.png.

Commentary: Iron Fist may raise him slightly, but the Panther isn't going anywhere.

Grade: A+(Lackluster blue but his power and synergy with Iron Fist can't be ignored)

icon_captainamerica.png 3*Cap:

Not much to write about Steve. Solid choice, slightly over-powered redflag.png.

Grade: A/A+

Commentary: May gain additional synergy with new 2*Magneto. Yellow needs a buff.

icon_hood.png 3*Hood:

As tiers change, Hood's blueflag.png still works its magic. I do have to wonder if the presence of Iron Fist will make people shy away from fragile characters such as him and Loki.

Grade: S(Best Passive in game) A(overall)

icon_magneto.png 3*Magneto:

No real changes for Mag. Really solid kit with high damage as well as board shakeup.

Commentary: Ragnarok may pair well with him. But then again, Ragnarok sucks....

icon_blade.png 3*Blade:

One of the best characters introduced, very potent.

Commentary: Doesn't have the best synergy with Iron Fist.

icon_wolverine.png 3*Wolv:

Blah blah blah has the best healing in game blah blah

Commentary: May be worth pairing with Professor X to see results. As certain other strategies get nerfed Patch still remains.

icon_deadpool.png Deadpool:

Not much changed for Deadpool, but with other strategies getting nerfed, his Whalebombing may take on more importance.

Grade: A-(His purple needs to be just a tiny bit better)

Commentary: Hopefully we can use his Whalebombing since we can't use Winfinite/Magstorm anymore. You won't take that away from us, will you D3?

icon_hulk.png Hulk:

I don't think He's changed too much, but with X-Force being even more dominant, the Hulk might as well go back to Banner in the meantime. Might be more useful with certain strategies getting nerfed.

Grade: A(solid design, would rate him as A+ if X-Force didn't disarm him so easily!)

Commentary: Hulk is interesting because he actually turns damage(that you take) into AP, and very few heroes can do this. I think he's one of the best designed heroes(well, his red is **** but what can you do) and I've used him extensively where scaling allows.

icon_devildino.png Devil Dinosaur:

"He's big he's slow - he can't jump high, but this Kong - errr Dino, is one hell of a guy!". I actually really like Devil Dino. His HP is massive. His abilities are cheap. And surprisingly enough, he may be a very viable partner for Professor X. The only real criticism I have against him is how the **** do you actually get his covers and he takes a bunch of ISO. I think he'd be a skip in PVP just because fighting him in PVP would be so time consuming.

Grade:A(Maybe A+ w/ Professor X?)

Commentary: He can tank for GSBW and I'm interested in his capabilities w/ Professor X. I don't see what so many ppl have against him. I wish his 3rd ability wasn't ****(maybe it isn't now w/ Professor X?). But as more balanced(in terms of kits) 3* come out(Iron Fist, Cyclops), 3* like Carol will be pushed lower.

icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel:

She generates AP and punches things. Her red is kind of Lackluster(protect tiles en masse aren't really relevant).

Commentary: I wish her redflag.png was more widely applied(strike tiles? Attack Tiles? or had a damage boost). Really interesting yellow.

icon_humantorch.png 3*Torch:

Torch is fast and dangerous, but as more and more high health, healing 3* with tightly designed kits come around, I'm not sure what he can offer. This game favors big health, big damage guys so characters like torch can't really compare.

Grade B(Killing power, but fragile. His Green and Black can't really function optimally and other characters don't have this problem.)

Commentary: I'm not a fan of torch(why pick torch when I can use ares or thor who have big HP) but in the current heroic I can see his appeal(he generates red AP, and does big damage for very little red AP). I wish his overall kit was better. Seems like only the CPU can really use his green and his black is horrendous compared to others.

icon_sentry.png Sentry:

Yeah, so much like Spidey and Ragnarok(2.0, not 3.0, we'll get to 3.0 Ragnarok....ugh) Sentry was over-nerfed. His greenflag.png is impossible to use and doesn't kill, his redflag.png is WAYYYY too risky(unlike the Hood's Yellow, interesting), and his yellowflag.png is worse than Black Panther's and kills him. His HP is still pretty big though. In terms of his place on the tier list last time, I feel he deserves to be much, much lower. He's BARELY usable. RIP Sentry?

Grade: D(He's useable to an extent, but he DESPERATELY needs a proper rework. His only thing is to use yellowflag.png but you might as well ****ing use Black Panther)

Commentary: PLEASE FIX HIM, SHUMA-GORATH THIS MAN SUCKS!!!!

icon_punisher.png Punisher:

There isn't really anything wrong with Punisher, it just seems like other 3* are better designed. He maybe needs a buff or rework, but not desperately.

Grade: B(Cyclops and Iron Fist completely outclass him, almost like he's a 2.5* character).

icon_falcon.png Falcon:

PVE God, but with the introduction of Professor X, his niche gets smaller. I think Professor X will effect his rankings/usage.

Grade: A(PVE King!)

icon_mystique.png Mystique:

Raven Darkholme has always been trouble, and D3 recently was able to track her down to break down 'winfinite'. Although the changes aren't severe to her, they could basically break her. With her low health, I only see her usage being smaller, sadly.

Grade: B/B-/C(Depending on how bad the nerfs hit her)

Commentary: I wonder if she can pair with Iron Fist. They could be nerf-buddies! I wish D3 would've just changed her instead of destroying 2*Mag's moveset. If she's the problem piece in 'winfinite', no need to change Prof X or Magneto, just her.

icon_blackwidow.png 3*BW:

No real changes for her. She DID escape getting nerfed despite being able to produce 6(!!!!!) green tiles. Will she become Xavier's miracle partner?

Grade: C(Much better options than her, she's squishy)

Commentary: Maybe she wasn't nerfed because she can't convert green tiles so that's somehow balanced?

icon_rocket.png Rocket and Groot:

Really good character: slow but powerful. True Healing. 'Nuff said. I think this character was severely underrated in the last round of rankings, he's much more reliable and durable than many. I say he's top 10.

Grade: A+

icon_loki.png Loki:

Loki went from a troll character that you played when you bored to a force to be reckoned with due to 20~ more levels and an added passive. But with the introduction of Iron Fist, are his days numbered? At least in PVE, you can set up the AI to do a **** match-4 and steal their AP.

Grade: A+(his green can be used strategically, his purple is subtlely powerful)

Commentary: Don't really like his black, think it costs too much. Would rather see a Daken/Daredevil-esque version of it. But he's already hella good so may not be necessary.

icon_colossus_new.png Colossus:

Colossus, Colossus. Such potential but was instantly overshadowed by Wolverine - Surgical strike is best and The Best There Is conflicts. I think he needs some slight buffs and changes in order to really shine. He's supposed to be a defensive character but can easily die to strike tiles(what else is new?). His red is ok I guess.

Grade: C(He desperately needs some buffs to be usable)

Commentary: I'm not sure why D3 released him as is. I think his yellowflag.png should either NULLIFY strike tiles completely and/or make it so that he can't die(he'll stay at 1 HP) while that countdown tile is out. It'd give him the edge he needs for his yellowflag.png not to be completely laughable. His blackflag.png is okay but ofc Surgical strike is better. I think if they made it cheaper in exchange for upping the self damage that'd be reasonable.

icon_psylocke.png Psylocke:

I don't have much to say about her. It seems like Luke Cage is a 100% better version of her, she's been outclassed.

Grade: D(No reason to use her)

Commentary: Take Luke Cage's blackflag.png and apply it to Psylocke's redflag.png. Change her blue. Make her playable.

icon_daredevil.png Daredevil:

The man without fear of his trap tiles sucking. He does PVE better and partners with Patch quite well now. His red blows chunks, however.

Grade: C(There's WAYYYY better options but he at least has his uses.)

Commentary: We've seen good trap tiles in the form of Fury's demolition, Doom, and Caltrops(from one of the Ninjas), so the problem isn't that the designers don't know how to make a trap, its that they won't give Daredevil a GOOD one. I say give him a trip-wire trap that covers a whole row of the board. May possibly pair well with Cyclops.

icon_gamora.png Gamora:

I don't see it. Some folks says she has higher HP and if she's in front her blackflag.png can hurt. Problem is, there's no way to hide other characters/make her go in front(Well, until Xavier showed up). Even still, it seems like they were afraid of making another Patch or Juggernaut in that her abilities are really lackluster. And the thing is, if I wanted to pop out strike tiles for cheap, I'm not using Gamora - I'm using Daken/Patch/Etc. People also said she's good when she's powered up. But the thing is, even Bag-Man could be good if he was powered up enough.

Grade: F(I don't see myself ever seriously using this character b/c I have other options)

Commentary: D3 seems to be afraid/unable to make big cost greenflag.pngs that don't suck compared to Call the Storm. And her redflag.png...I don't understand? At all.

icon_doctordoom.png Doctor Doom:

The Doctor has come out of retirement to become a force to be reckoned with. His purple is nuts and he pairs extremely well with Patch. Easily top 10. We need more characters to be like this D3!!!

Grade: A/A+

icon_blackwidow.png 2*Black Widow:

As 2*Mag is nerfed, her importance will raise.

Grade: A(If she was 3* she'd easily be S)

icon_ironman.png 3*Iron Man:

Hopefully this man gets some love before the new Avengers movie releases. Or who knows, he spits out AP so D3 may just nerf him.

Grade: D(Has niche uses, desperately needs a revamp)

icon_spiderman.png 3*Spider-Man:

I really hope they fix spidey soon, because the requirements for being a good 3* are becoming more and more strict.

Grade: D(Luke Cage pretty much invalidates him)

Commentary: I actually proposed fixes for spidey earlier in this thread(viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21521#p274483). I sincerely hope they fix him...

icon_storm.png 3*Storm:

Her HP prevents her from ranking too highly, but considering the nerfs that (will) take place, we may see more of her to pair with Thor/etc. for infinite/semi-infinite goodness.

Grade: C(Bad health, but has recursion potential)

icon_ares.png Ares:

With 2*Mag being nerfed, we may see more of this guy. But his self-damage can hurt using him too much in a row.

Grade: A(When powered up, Ares destroys)

icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk:

Where's her buff, D3? Cmon now...

Grade: E(has health, but REALLY REALLY needs buffs)

Commentary: I discussed my proposed changes to Shulkie here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21521#p274483

icon_ragnarok.png Ragnarok:

D3 gave him "buffs". These "buffs" actually nerfed him in PVE and Daken as well. I don't understand how this happens....

Grade: F(You remade the character to be worse? And I'm supposed to believe you're gonna buff Beast?)

Commentary: I discussed my proposed changes to Ragnarok here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25304&p=316846#p316846. I've said this earlier but D3 seems to have serious trouble designing big-cost greenflag.pngs, maybe they're afraid of another World Rupture?

icon_invisiblewoman.png Invisible Woman:

Well, one thing's for sure - she's definitely Invisible in the eyes of D3. Xavier has been invisibility than her which is pretty ironic.

Grade: ????????(I've never heard anyone talk about Invisible woman seriously, I think she's gonna be unranked until her buff).

icon_doctoroctopus.png Dr. Octopus:

Blah blah blah sucks Loki is better.

Grade: E(He's flavorful, has potential in his blackflag.png)

Commentary: Loki is better, but I do like the flavor behind Doc Ock and again we see D3's inability to design big cost greenflag.pngs. I think his green could be passive or partially passive with a certain amount of greenflag.png AP in your pool.

icon_storm.png 2*Storm:

With 2*Mag getting nerfed, this probably hurts 2*Storm the most. She's too fragile to do anything herself. Will possibly used with Thor/others for infinites/semi-infinites. She'll still see use due to her recursion potential.

Grade: C+(Health is too low but her blueflag.png is nothing to play around with).

icon_thor.png 2*Thor:

This guy will see more use due to 2*Mag getting nerfed, for both Deadpool Daily things and infinite/semi-infinite stuff with Storm/Loki.

Grade: A(His red kinda sucks but what can you do)

icon_beast.png Beast:

Do I need to say anything? I guess my only question is, who's more useless, this guy or Sentry?

Grade: F

Commentary: Why, D3, why?

icon_daken.png 2*Daken:

With the nerfing of 2*Mag he'll see more play.

Grade: B+(Great character, but the 3* version is better)

icon_magneto.png 2*Magneto:

Nerfed. Nerfed. Nerfed. His usage is gonna plummet. Without the ability to place his blueflag.pngredflag.png, the new purpleflag.png will suck. Ironically enough he may have some potential with another nerfed character, Ragnarok(and also Steve, but Steve doesn't really need all that much help).

Grade: D(He could be C or higher if his new purpleflag.png works well with Ragnarok/Steve)

icon_wolverine.png 2*Wolv:

Really unremarkable. Often powered up. Needs a better yellowflag.png, desperately.

Grade: B-

icon_hawkeye.png 2*Hawkeye:

Probably the most effected by 2*Mag nerf, Hawkeye is useless. And even IF Hawkeye was useful, wouldn't you just use Xavier now instead of him?

Grade: F(No reason to use anymore)

icon_humantorch.png 2*Torch:

Bleh....2*Mag got nerfed.

Grade: B-

icon_caroldanvers.png 2*Cap Marvel:

Her Black is interesting, but much like her 3*Counterpart, her red blows. Her yellowflag.png has potential depending on other characters being introduced/etc.

Grade: B

icon_captainamerica.png 2*Cap America:

Um. Why does his red do so little damage? Buff his yellow while you're at it.

Grade: C-

icon_juggernaut.png Juggernaut:

The most powerful character in the game. But a 1*. With Deadpool dailies, he'll see more use. Sadly we haven't had balance of power in a while.

Grade: S(Sure he's a 1*)

icon_bullseye.png Bullseye:

I can't get over the fact that Daken's strike tiles immediately overwrite Bullseye's protect tiles. He's a useless character!

Grade: E(He has niche use for his blackflag.png, as hard as that is to believe).

Commentary: He actually has a use in that you can use his blackflag.png to cheat your way through impossible nodes(along with 1*Hawkeye. Go Figure.)

icon_moonstone.png Moonstone:

Devs say she's their favorite character and that she works well. I say she's random and overcosted.

icon_blackwidow.png 1*Black Widow:

Um, blueflag.png is good, teamup, etc.

icon_storm.png 1*Storm:

Has uses in infinite/semi-infinite stuffs with Thor/Loki, is a good teamup.

Grade: C

icon_ironman.png 1*Iron Man:

Pretty Unremarkable

Grade: D

icon_spiderman.png 2*Bag-Man:

???????????????????????

Grade: ?????????????????????

icon_hawkeye.png 1*Hawkeye:

Can be used to do extremely impossible nodes, but otherwise, really bad.

Grade: E(Marginal uses)

icon_venom.png 1*Venom:

Uhhhhh yeah.

icon_yelena.png 1*Yelena:

Why are you reading this?

Grade: None

icon_elektra.png Elektra:

I like her animations, and the flavor of her abilities, but she's just so bad. We've seen working trap tiles(Ninjas, Fury, Doom) so there's no excuse for her to be so ****. Especially when there are other solid 4* options to pursue.

Commentary: I see potential in her abilities, but her purpleflag.png is too strict, her blackflag.png either needs to be passive or or something, and her redflag.png is interesting but it shouldn't just get "disarmed", there should be some punishment for 'disarming' her - she is a 4* after all.

icon_professorx.png Professor X:

The man who caused everyone else to get nerfed. While it'll be hard to say how good he is, he is in fact, good(unlike other 4* who are tauted as something special when they're not. Literally outclasses Falcon. The only thing I think really standing in his way is he doesn't play well with X-Force. May very well be the key to new infinites/semi-infinites

Grade: A/S(S is if he's really really good/necessary)

Commentary: This guy might be good with Devil Dino and even redeem Star-Lord. Makes me chuckle.

icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist:

I honestly think this guy was a 4* character which is why his abilities were so wild. Post-nerf he still makes an insane attack tile, he still feeds X-Force. Still Dre. Does he invalidate squishy supports with his attack tile?

Grade: A++(Maybe S)

Commentary: Other 3* have quite a hill to climb if they're expected to compete with Iron Fist. Did I mention he feeds X-Force?

icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage:

I want to say he's the most underestimated character in MPQ. A ridiculous redflag.png. A blackflag.png that works like Psylocke's redflag.png should've. Complements Iron Fist. Nullifies Match damage. There's not much more that you can ask from a character.

icon_cyclops.png Cyclops:

I did not expect Slim Jim to actually do anything. And I'm happy to be proven wrong. His blackflag.png is a little bit too expensive, but great character here.

Commentary: May pair well with Daredevil if you're weird like that.

icon_starlord.png Star-Lord:

Suck-Lord. I just realized, this guy is basically 4* Hawkeye(old 2* Hawkeye)

Grade: D(May have some usage with Charles)

Commentary: Hood is better. Star-Lord could have his abilities work like Falcon's blueflag.png.

icon_squirrelgirl.png Squirrel Girl:

Not particularly powerful, but is a Daken counter. I think they made her really flavorfully, she's interesting.

Grade: B

Commentary: All her abilities are interesting, at least.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    a certain someone
    raisinbman wrote:
    there's another person
    Trisul wrote:
    Guys! I am not Voldemort. It's cool if you say my name. icon_e_wink.gif

Regarding rankings, I've started working on them a bit, but figured we'd wait until mid-next week, until the new changes hit and people have had some time to play with them in both pvp and pve formats, to kick off voting. Not sure how long writeups will take this time around, though -- I've got something special planned that might take a bit longer than it did last time.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    a certain someone
    raisinbman wrote:
    there's another person
    Trisul wrote:

Regarding rankings, I've started working on them a bit, but figured we'd wait until mid-next week, until the new changes hit and people have had some time to play with them in both pvp and pve formats, to kick off voting. Not sure how long writeups will take this time around, though -- I've got something special planned that might take a bit longer than it did last time.

Hrm. You only appeared after Tris said your name, which means that you must have a Trace on your name, which means you must be the Dark Lord. Or at least a God of Trickery...

Glad to hear you've gotten the ball rolling. We know it's a huge amount of work, so we very much appreciate it!

Also, I totally agree about holding off until the changes hit. I have no earthly idea where TGT fits in, at present, and need to see her in action before deciding.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    a certain someone
    raisinbman wrote:
    there's another person
    Trisul wrote:

I gotcha. I just don't want to be like 'MISCHIEF WHERE ARE RANKINGS?!!?!??!' when you already publically said that time-wise you can't always fit it in. And much like last time I'm sure yours will blow mine out of the water, lol.
  • Ok full tier list up + rankings icon_e_smile.gif!
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uhh...raisin...how can you accurately estimate that a character you've never used needs to be nerfed? Lol.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got something special planned that might take a bit longer than it did last time.

There are 64 characters now

It is March

Does Cinderella have her dancing shoes?

VtP4C6o.png?1

Bagman should be a 12 seed.
  • Arondite wrote:
    Uhh...raisin...how can you accurately estimate that a character you've never used needs to be nerfed? Lol.

The same way a coach can tell a player's ability or a pro player comes up with a tier list or commentator can speak on behalf of players without actually being a player or a reviewer talks about a movie/game.

How did we know Iron FIst needed to be nerfed before he was released, Padawan?
  • Arondite
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

The same way a coach can tell a player's ability or a pro player comes up with a tier list or commentator can speak on behalf of players without actually being a player or a reviewer talks about a movie/game.

No offense, but you don't have the same level of intuition and precision a coach or commentator have about their respective sport in the realm of MPQ (specifically, Wolverine (X-Force). They interact with and view these things on a daily basis for years and years of their lives. You've been interacting with MPQ for less than a year and a half and - I can't stress this enough - haven't seen X Force at all. If you don't have him, you haven't seen him in motion, you haven't piloted him to actually feel his impact on the game. This is a major problem in commenting that he needs to be changed. Do you think these same commentators could describe a player's ability and rank him relative to the game just by seeing his height, weight, 40 speed and benchpress max? I played football from junior high through college and I couldn't pretend to accurately size up a character I haven't watched play first-hand.

How did we know Iron FIst needed to be nerfed before he was released, Padawan?Because he was a 3 Star that was clearly exhibiting power marks relative to the strongest of the 4 Stars. There were nearby measuring sticks that he was far outstriping. With 4 Stars, the line is a lot blurrier.

The matter of fact is that X-Force really isn't in desperate need of power reduction. Maybe a slight (and I do mean slight) tweak on the AP mechanic of Surgical Strike. With 4Thor, I was there with you and would've agreed that she was too far in the outfield in terms of power. With X-Force, I'm more inclined to say he should be used as the measuring stick of how to make a 4 Star.

EDIT - Just saw that you said Thor wasn't deserving of nerfs and that you feel 3 Thor is now stronger than her. If this thread was for telling jokes, you should've said so from the beginning, man.
  • Arondite wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

No offense, but you don't have the same level of intuition and precision a coach or commentator have about their respective sport in the realm of MPQ (specifically, Wolverine (X-Force). They interact with and view these things on a daily basis for years and years of their lives. You've been interacting with MPQ for less than a year and a half and - I can't stress this enough - haven't seen X Force at all. If you don't have him, you haven't seen him in motion, you haven't piloted him to actually feel his impact on the game. This is a major problem in commenting that he needs to be changed. Do you think these same commentators could describe a player's ability and rank him relative to the game just by seeing his height, weight, 40 speed and benchpress max? I played football from junior high through college and I couldn't pretend to accurately size up a character I haven't watched play first-hand.

How did we know Iron FIst needed to be nerfed before he was released, Padawan?Because he was a 3 Star that was clearly exhibiting power marks relative to the strongest of the 4 Stars. There were nearby measuring sticks that he was far outstriping. With 4 Stars, the line is a lot blurrier.

The matter of fact is that X-Force really isn't in desperate need of power reduction. Maybe a slight (and I do mean slight) tweak on the AP mechanic of Surgical Strike. With 4Thor, I was there with you and would've agreed that she was too far in the outfield in terms of power. With X-Force, I'm more inclined to say he should be used as the measuring stick of how to make a 4 Star.

EDIT - Just saw that you said Thor wasn't deserving of nerfs and that you feel 3 Thor is now stronger than her. If this thread was for telling jokes, you should've said so from the beginning, man.

I don't understand what grudge you have against me, but I'm ignoring you.

This kid wants to talk credibility about a krutacking phone game. It's a discussion. Don't want to have one, you can go to mischiefmaker's old thread or his new one since I'm so "unqualified". Or hell, make your own krutacking thread since noobs aren't allowed to have opinions.

EDIT: going off topic here. I get really mad when people say I don't have credibility or put work in. If this kid actually looked at my profile(and no, not time since joined) they'd see what I post and how I try to help this community. No one in my last post(viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20408) called me unqualified and they were happy to discuss things. I have many other posts(namely viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21439 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21521) which show how much people value a "noob's" opinion so screw you. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25460 viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24101
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    why in the hell is 2* cap in the same category with 2* and 3* storm. they run ovals icon_e_biggrin.gif around him.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    why in the hell is 2* cap in the same category with 2* and 3* storm. they run ovals icon_e_biggrin.gif around him.

They're niche characters. all Storms are pretty valuable in that they can do semi-infinites/infinites with Thor/Loki, so their usage and placement may raise. You also can't discount how useful 2*Cap is in 2* land - tanks for other characters. He was the first character I had that could actually combat goon nodes without needing health packs.

Edit: Arondite, you're ignored, go away and didn't ask for you advice
  • Arondite
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

I don't understand what grudge you have against me, but I'm ignoring you.

Fella, there's no grudge - this is the first time we've ever spoken. Lmao. You were just wrong and I'm helping you out.

This kid wants to talk credibility about a krutacking phone game. It's a discussion. Don't want to have one, you can go to mischiefmaker's old thread or his new one since I'm so "unqualified". Or hell, make your own krutacking thread since noobs aren't allowed to have opinions.

Guy, calm down. It's not an insult to say that you don't have an X-Force. It just means you can't really expound the balancing nuances of X-Force since you've never been behind the wheel of one. That's not an insult. You can't know. Not knowing due to ignorance vs can't know due to situation is a big difference, man.

EDIT: going off topic here. I get really mad when people say I don't have credibility or put work in. If this kid actually looked at my profile(and no, not time since joined) they'd see what I post and how I try to help this community. No one in my last post(viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20408) called me unqualified and they were happy to discuss things. I have many other posts(namely viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21439 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21521) which show how much people value a "noob's" opinion so screw you. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25460 viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24101

You blew up for no reason - no one is attacking your credibility or the amount you work for whatever reason. I'm saying that you don't have an X-Force so your opinion on X-Force cannot possibly accurately mirror his position in the game. Jesus lmao.
  • Iron Fist is going to debut in the top 10. I place him above 3* Thor, but others may not.

Cyclops is good, but with the devaluation of 4* Thor I dunno that he is THAT good. Decent outlet for black tho. I put him right behind Patch (who is way higher on my list) in usefulness and on teams.

Luke Cage is also good, kinda on par with Cyclops in overall usefulness, good outlet for Black, and free protect.png which is awesome. He probably comes in behind Magneto (Classic) in usefulness.

Squirrel Girl is... eh. For Marvel's favorite Mary Sue she's not very good here. The squirrel army is ok at turning Green AP into not Green AP but who the hell wants that? I think she joins the group of 3*s that's less useful than 2* OBW.

Elektra is... special. She is really only good against people who use enemystrike.png otherwise she loses a third of her power set. Of those enemystrike.png one of them is Daken, who can overwrite her trap tile so that's not a good match up. Her blackflag.png costs too much to be really useful. The one nice thing she does is fill up all the purple tiles so Patch can go on a Berserk Rage rampage, which I guess makes her more useful than Invisible Woman, but probably less useful than Ares. Technically She Hulk is better at special tile handling so lets put her behind She Hulk I guess.

I have high hopes for Star Lord. He seems like he could be really really good especially paired up with Hood for CD manipulation. His damage per AP is actually quite good. The acceleration thing is a bonus. I've also tokened a ton of his covers somehow so I have a 4/3/4 right now. He goes in above Hulk for me, behind Deadpool, only because Deadpool has the option to super whales.

Professor X might be the next coming of Thor, which is to say he might be the next broken meta character. Invisibility is a pain in the **** to fight, so he may generate skips or defensive wins. His blue is crazy good, generate extra damage on your extra damage? Yes please. Free shield tiles don't hurt either, and easily buffing those shield tiles and attack tiles to 500+ with Blind Spot is pretty good. Because it's his debut, and because he's a 4* so not totally useable by a wide portion of the population, and because he can be tricky to figure out I'm going to guess he debuts in top 20, not top 10 or 5 where he belongs.

Predicted movement: 4* Thor drops out of the top 10 as a knee jerk to her change. Rankings after next she will slightly rise. Mystique drops the most places thanks to Winfinite being gone. Sentry continues to drop. Biggest overall 'Meh' will move Ragnarok +/- 2 spaces for his rework. Thanks to his featuring in this heroic and general balance of new powers Daredevil will see an uptick into the top 20. XF remains king at #1, which is apparently a death sentence round these parts so we will see how long he can hold out.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Iron Fist is going to debut in the top 10. I place him above 3* Thor, but others may not.

Cyclops is good, but with the devaluation of 4* Thor I dunno that he is THAT good. Decent outlet for black tho. I put him right behind Patch (who is way higher on my list) in usefulness and on teams.

Luke Cage is also good, kinda on par with Cyclops in overall usefulness, good outlet for Black, and free protect.png which is awesome. He probably comes in behind Magneto (Classic) in usefulness.

Squirrel Girl is... eh. For Marvel's favorite Mary Sue she's not very good here. The squirrel army is ok at turning Green AP into not Green AP but who the hell wants that? I think she joins the group of 3*s that's less useful than 2* OBW.

Elektra is... special. She is really only good against people who use enemystrike.png otherwise she loses a third of her power set. Of those enemystrike.png one of them is Daken, who can overwrite her trap tile so that's not a good match up. Her blackflag.png costs too much to be really useful. The one nice thing she does is fill up all the purple tiles so Patch can go on a Berserk Rage rampage, which I guess makes her more useful than Invisible Woman, but probably less useful than Ares. Technically She Hulk is better at special tile handling so lets put her behind She Hulk I guess.

I have high hopes for Star Lord. He seems like he could be really really good especially paired up with Hood for CD manipulation. His damage per AP is actually quite good. The acceleration thing is a bonus. I've also tokened a ton of his covers somehow so I have a 4/3/4 right now. He goes in above Hulk for me, behind Deadpool, only because Deadpool has the option to super whales.

Professor X might be the next coming of Thor, which is to say he might be the next broken meta character. Invisibility is a pain in the **** to fight, so he may generate skips or defensive wins. His blue is crazy good, generate extra damage on your extra damage? Yes please. Free shield tiles don't hurt either, and easily buffing those shield tiles and attack tiles to 500+ with Blind Spot is pretty good. Because it's his debut, and because he's a 4* so not totally useable by a wide portion of the population, and because he can be tricky to figure out I'm going to guess he debuts in top 20, not top 10 or 5 where he belongs.

Predicted movement: 4* Thor drops out of the top 10 as a knee jerk to her change. Rankings after next she will slightly rise. Mystique drops the most places thanks to Winfinite being gone. Sentry continues to drop. Biggest overall 'Meh' will move Ragnarok +/- 2 spaces for his rework. Thanks to his featuring in this heroic and general balance of new powers Daredevil will see an uptick into the top 20. XF remains king at #1, which is apparently a death sentence round these parts so we will see how long he can hold out.

Star-Lord's best chance at redemption is Professor X. Professor X + Star-Lord + Devil Dino = 1 AP purple = shenanigans.

I've heard Xavier won't be great on defense(but who is anymore)
This discussion has been closed.