Thick as Thieves - May 7 - May 12

Options
Infiltrate the Maggia hideout and find out who they're working with.

Powered Up
This Event:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_ironman.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_storm.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_captainamerica.png

This Week:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_kingpin.png
icon_starlord.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blade.png
icon_magneto.png
icon_mystique.png
icon_punisher.png
icon_squirrelgirl.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_humantorch.png

star.png
icon_hawkeye.png
icon_yelena.png

Progression Rewards
100 - Standard Token
500 - 100 iso8.png
1000 - Power Boost blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png
1400 - 1 healthpack.png
2200 - Stockpile blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png
3300 - 140 iso8.png
4500 - icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png
5900 - 140 iso8.png
7500 - cardpack.png Recruit Token - Thick as Thieves
9100 - 140 iso8.png
10900 - icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
12900 - 250 iso8.png
14900 - 25 imcoin.png
17000 - 1000 iso8.png
19300 - star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
21600 - 500 iso8.png
24000 - 3 star.pngicon_storm.pnggreenflag.png

Singe Player Rewards

1 & 2 - all rewards from previous rank + 4 star.pngicon_thor.pngblueflag.png
3 - 10 - 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png and :vision: blueflag.png, yellowflag.png, redflag.png
11 - 20 - 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png and :vision: yellowflag.png, redflag.png
21 - 50 - 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png and :vision: yellowflag.png
51 - 100 - 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png and :vision: redflag.png
101 - 150 - 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png and :vision: redflag.png
151 - 200 - 500 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png and 2 star.pngicon_daken.pngpurpleflag.png
201 - 300 - 500 iso8.png and 2 star.pngicon_daken.pngpurpleflag.png
301 - 400 - 250 iso8.png and 2 star.pngicon_daken.pngpurpleflag.png
401 - 500 - 250 iso8.png , 3x Standard Token
501 - 600 - 250 iso8.png , 2x Standard Token
601 - 800 - 250 iso8.png , Standard Token
801 - 1000 - 250 iso8.png

Alliance Reward

1-2 - 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, :vision: redflag.png
3-10 - 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, :vision: redflag.png
11 - 25 - 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, :vision: redflag.png
26 - 50 - 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, :vision: redflag.png
51 - 100 - 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, :vision: redflag.png
101 - 250 - 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251 - 500 - 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501 - 1000 - 250 iso8.png

Currerntly from from Mags1587 PVE guide. From the length of the event it will be a 4 day event now. All 4 subs will likely be 24 hours long.
Episode 3: Thick as Thieves
Length of Event: 6.5 days
Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? No
Number of Sub-Events: 4
Length of Sub-Events: Family Reunion: 36 hours; Anderson, Inc.: 48 hours; Scotland Yard: 48 hours; The Meeting: 24 hours
Main Nodes after Sub-Events End? No
Unique Reward(s): None
Other Notes:
  • There is one repeatable node in main that is open throughout the event and gives points.

Time Slices:
Slice 1
Slice 2
Slice 3
Slice 4
Slice 5

Comments

• Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    STORM PROGRESSION AWARD!!!
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Are there any essential characters required to play some of the nodes?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yay! Another new character... after 2 back-to-back Ultron events, one concurrent with a 4 star release...

Honestly, I was hoping it would be 2* Cyclops or an old character, so I could take a break...

So tired... icon_redface.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaBeast911 wrote:
    Hulkbuster and likely MoStorm
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    DaBeast911 wrote:

Buster for sure. I can't recall TaT having alt essentials, but I suppose they could just mix it up. At that point Steve and Morlock Storm become candidates.

This one is going to be rough stuff.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jackstar0 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    DaBeast911 wrote:

Buster for sure. I can't recall TaT having alt essentials, but I suppose they could just mix it up. At that point Steve and Morlock Storm become candidates.

This one is going to be rough stuff.

This one could be a "aim for one cover and be done" perhaps.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just noticed and (double checked in-game) that the Hero Points in progression have been halved, and also the HP for top 20 and higher. Don't want to panic right away, but is this a new trend or just a one-off, I wonder... Really hope the second. Introducing more and more new characters and meanwhile lowering the HP prizes is not going to work out well in the long run I think.
  • fmftint
    Options
    StevO-J wrote:
    Just noticed and (double checked in-game) that the Hero Points in progression have been halved, and also the HP for top 20 and higher. Don't want to panic right away, but is this a new trend or just a one-off, I wonder... Really hope the second. Introducing more and more new characters and meanwhile lowering the HP prizes is not going to work out well in the long run I think.
    They said they standardized events, I'd expect this to be the standard for the 4 day format from here out
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so confirm only top 20 get 2 covers
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hard to confirm. There's an error in the previews.

It says top 20 "Red and Yellow" and shows the yellow cover. For 21-50, it just says "Vision, Android Avenger," like there's only one cover, but it still shows the yellow cover. Only at 51-100 does it switch to just the red cover, so while it's possible that only top 20 has 2 covers, it's also possible that top 50 have 2 covers as well.
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    low reward for this event , 50gold for top 3-50 same for alliance 100g for top 1-2
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Options
    AznLyte wrote:
    Hard to confirm. There's an error in the previews.

It says top 20 "Red and Yellow" and shows the yellow cover. For 21-50, it just says "Vision, Android Avenger," like there's only one cover, but it still shows the yellow cover. Only at 51-100 does it switch to just the red cover, so while it's possible that only top 20 has 2 covers, it's also possible that top 50 have 2 covers as well.

I'm hoping it is an error, as giving away 2x 3* cover for only top 20 would be disappointing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A few interesting things of note:
    The "skrull" node has been changed, it now contains Iron Fist and Falcon skrulls - Falcon seems to be the priority kill there, I feel.
    The three essentials are three different characters. Ironman (Hulkbuster), Storm (Mohawk) and Captain America (Modern). This is interesting, as the essential is a two-star Cap America rather than three star. Cap America and Storm have nothing but goons, Ironman has goons and Bullseye.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great... Hulkbuster and two-star Cap as essentials? I can just dream about getting Vision...
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    If the HP totals are going to be the norm from now i might have to take a break from playing for a while. I really enjoy the game but i'm currently playing loads as it is and have two iron fist covers along with two gs black widow covers about to expire because i can't get the HP to keep up with my rewards. Competing well and winning covers to then lose them due to lack of HP is incredibly demoralizing. 25 HP progression reward is absolutely rubbish.
  • fmftint
    Options
    I wish they would put a little more thought into event planning and weekly boosted characters. Its pretty bad that the best character on the weekly boosted list, C Mag, is locked out of half the nodes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    I wish they would put a little more thought into event planning and weekly boosted characters. Its pretty bad that the best character on the weekly boosted list, C Mag, is locked out of half the nodes.

I used him for every node in sub 1. They changed the node contents. Hope they did so in other nodes later too.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anybody know how long the subs run for?
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd just like to add the obligatory....my scaling for this event is ridiculous. I could barely make it through a single run at open. As the sub scales, it'll probably be impossible for me to win anything in this event.

They've been making an effort to "standardize" the various events....why not standardize the scaling? Enemy of the State was very reasonable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    Great... Hulkbuster and two-star Cap as essentials? I can just dream about getting Vision...

...you could say you had a vision about getting vision. icon_lol.gif

Anyways, it's been a while since we've needed a 2* as an essential. Might as well buy another roster slot for America and then flip it for Vision.