star.pngstar.pngstar.png
:vision: icon_nobody.png
star.pngstar.png
icon_thor.png

This Week:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_kingpin.pngicon_starlord.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blade.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png
star.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.pngicon_humantorch.png
star.png
icon_hawkeye.pngicon_yelena.png

Diversion Reinforcements:
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_caroldanvers.png
star.pngstar.png
icon_hawkeye.png
star.png
icon_storm.png

Facilities Reinforcements:
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_sentry.png
star.pngstar.png
icon_ms_marvel.png
star.png
icon_blackwidow.png

Rooftops Reinforcements:
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png
star.pngstar.png
icon_magneto.png
star.png
icon_ironman.png

Progression Rewards:
100: Standard token
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: Boost all
1300: healthpack.png
1900: AP Stockpile (all)
2600: 140 iso8.png
3400: icon_daken.pngblueflag.png
4400: 140 iso8.png
5500: event token
6700: 140 iso8.png
7900: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png
9200: 250 iso8.png
10700: 25 imcoin.png
12100: 1000 iso8.png
13700: icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png
15300: 500 iso8.png
17000: :vision: blueflag.png

Placement Rewards:
1-2: icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_colossus_new.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_colossus_new.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_colossus_new.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png, 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png, 250 iso8.png
401-500: 3 Standard tokens, 250 iso8.png
501-600: 2 Standard tokens, 250 iso8.png
601-800: 1 Standard token, 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards:
1-2: icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png , 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Subevent Placement Rewards
1-2: 2 Event tokens, 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: 1 Event token, 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-50: 1 Event token, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: 1 Event token, 1000 iso8.png
101-200: 1 Event token, 500 iso8.png
201-300: 1 Event token, 250 iso8.png
301-400: 1 Heroic token, 250 iso8.png
401-500: 3 Standard Tokens, 250 iso8.png
501-600: 2 Standard Tokens, 250 iso8.png
601-800: 1 Standard Tokens, 250 iso8.png
801-900: 140 iso8.png
901-1000: 70 iso8.png

Subevent Alliance Rewards
1-10: 1 Event token, 250 iso8.png
11-50: 1 Event token, 100 iso8.png
51-100: 1 Heroic token, 100 iso8.png
101-250: 1 Heroic token, 70 iso8.png
251-1000: 3 Standard tokens, 70 iso8.png
1001-2000: 2 Standard tokens, 70 iso8.png
2001-5000: 1 Standard token, 70 iso8.png
5001-10000: 1 Standard Token

Ending Time Countdowns

Slice 1
Slice 2
Slice 3
Slice 4
Slice 5

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gonna go ahead and place a disclaimer here. There were a lot of changes between the last run and this one so it is definitely possible that I got something wrong somewhere. I did not place a summary of the event since it appears the event length was cut in half.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like they are serious about requiring a 2* in events moving forward.

Not happy with D3 forcing us to keep characters for which we have a specific upgrade just to satisfy an essential.

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:

Not happy with D3 forcing us to keep characters for which we have a specific upgrade just to satisfy an essential.

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    Not just 2*, 2/3/4* alliance mates who started an early slice are reporting IW essential as well.

Apparently the Event Featured are all essential
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm actually quite baffled of how under equipped I am in this. Normally I enjoy Heroic events cause it tests us on specific rosters. After spending months fully maxing out a fair amount of star.pngstar.pngstar.png (all star.pngstar.png & star.png fully maxed) I'm still scraping for a strong team to field. Maybe it's due to the luck of which character they chose to feature...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what you're saying is that the it seems like the new format for PVE essentials is 1 2*, 1 3*, 1 4*?

Wow. That's.... special. I think it's time to start making noise about the cost of Roster slots again. I don't mind keeping a full and diverse roster if it didn't cost so tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty much to expand it, y'know? I jettisoned 2* cap months ago. I was really, really looking forward to kicking 2* Thor to the curb (it took me forever to get his big brother to the right cover configuation,) and now it's looking like I can't?

Yeah, time to start making noise. The current model is unsustainable. Unless they keep introducing HP streams (increasing the ways you can get HPs,) sooner or later it's going to go beyond anyone's ability to keep up. Even people spending money on the game (and I do, actually, throw some money at it every so often,) will sooner or later be priced out of slots. It may take longer than the game is in existence, but it will happen.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scanned through but couldn't tell - which ** is essential here? gonna suck if this continues. I'm down to 8 so it'll be a crapshoot if I have it or not.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    scanned through but couldn't tell - which ** is essential here? gonna suck if this continues. I'm down to 8 so it'll be a crapshoot if I have it or not.
    2* Thor
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Goodness this is starting off brutal - even with max. super-buffed Punisher & Magneto w/ Black Widow, barely made it round the map...

This would seem impossible once community scaling kicks in. icon_neutral.gif

N.B. For those without 2* Daken: the current thinking is that the 2* cover in each event will be the essential 2* in the next, so hold on to that cover (if the 2* & 4* essential pattern isn't putting you off PvE altogether).
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    N.B. For those without 2* Daken: the current thinking is that the 2* cover in each event will be the essential 2* in the next, so hold on to that cover (if the 2* & 4* essential pattern isn't putting you off PvE altogether).

If this turns out to be true, I'm going to kiss you on the mouth for giving us this warning! I have a fully covered level 15 Daken who was next in line to get the chop.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    I have all of the two stars maxed, but the roster slots are starting to get stupid high right now. I don't know if I will have enough to add Vision even if I get him as a progression. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that once you have the three star, then you can level them slowly through DDQ. I know I can't sustain a PPV and PVE schedule so I'm trying to get some three star champions. My MMR in PVP puts me so far behind others that it's not worth playing usually and it's so high on scaling in PVE that it's becoming increasingly difficult to even play.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can't wait till Bagman is the essential.....
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, this event made me realize that even after her second buff, IW is still godawful.

I actually have a bunch of her covers. She's 5/5/2, but she is pulling a lot less weight than my 2* Thor. I know she needs the 5 green to be at her best, but the green covers just never came.

Once we get to the 4*s where I have only 1 or 2 covers, this will get really ugly.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this PVE is killing me..well my characters.. The essentials i burnt through with no issues, didn't even need a health pack..
    The Three Amigos on the other hand.. all scaled way high, but i can't use any chars that i have leveled (other than torch and thor)... i've died both tries... on the 2nd sub of an event....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The annoying part about the 2* Essentials is that it's been characters that have 3* version. There is no reason to have a 2* Captain America once you have a covered 3* Steve Rogers, same with Thor. So is next PVE going to have 2* Daken? Maybe they'll just have 1* Storm!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    So, this event made me realize that even after her second buff, IW is still godawful.

I actually have a bunch of her covers. She's 5/5/2, but she is pulling a lot less weight than my 2* Thor. I know she needs the 5 green to be at her best, but the green covers just never came.

Once we get to the 4*s where I have only 1 or 2 covers, this will get really ugly.

I'd say that she is somewhat useful now. She now has a lot of HP so that's at least that. Her blue being that cheap and lying down a nice protect tile every time is also good. Her blue can be used to "freeze" CD's/strike/protect/attack tiles which is incredibly useful for PVE and is fairly rare. Yellow is... it is what it is. It's much cheaper now and it might give you win sometimes when IW is the only one left.

Green has nice damage now but I don't like how it interacts with her blue. If you blow up bubbles and there's a special tile under it, it will reactivate unless you down that character. Feels silly to me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

Not just 2*, 2/3/4* alliance mates who started an early slice are reporting IW essential as well.

Apparently the Event Featured are all essential
    WHAT THE BARNACLE?

----

as a side note I'm glad this is short because I have a feeling new character will be after this
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    may have found a bug or maybe I don't understand something correctly.

**Hawkeye's colors, in order, blue/red/purple. blue should be his highest match damage, red his second highest and purple his lowest, right? haven't used him in a while, so it may have always been like this, but in this heroic sub, his purple is highest damage, blue second, and red third. basically his purple/blue match obw (even though that doesn't match the color order on his cover page) so depending on placement, he tanks both or she tanks both, but according to their color order it shouldn't be that way, right? what am I missing or what do I have wrong?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am -struggling- with the (node?) that auto gives you Thor/IW/Vision versus goons, called "The Big Guns."

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, that trio just seems terrible, but then again, Im not familiar with them at all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I am -struggling- with the (node?) that auto gives you Thor/IW/Vision versus goons, called "The Big Guns."

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, that trio just seems terrible, but then again, Im not familiar with them at all.
    Sadly enough, Thor is the best character in this lineup. You HAVE to rely on him unless your Susan is well-covered(even then, you need damage from Thor). Don't do any vision abilities besides Blue > Red while Blue if you can help it IMO.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, I actually don't have any of these three characters. I got 2 thor covers but haven't recruited him yet as Im working towards my next roster slots.

I just got lucky and have 1 star hawkeye and 2 star Widow and Torch to even play in the event.