Our story so far, templates, and mission drops.

Options
With the announcement that episode 4.5 is coming soon, I realized that I'm starting to forget which episode was which and what happened in them. So for easy reference I'm putting it up here; obviously if you haven't played the events yet, this thread will be chock-full of spoilers!
Prologue: Norman Osborne convinces the World Security Council to turn over the SHIELD building and assets to him and his new group, HAMMER. It turns out he's assembled a group of villains called the Dark Avengers.

Episode 1, Unstable ISO-8: It turns out there's a red variant of ISO-8 that is even more powerful and unstable. SHIELD and the Avengers race HAMMER and the Dark Avengers around the world, each trying to identify and capture caches of red ISO-8 first.

Episode 2, The Hunt: HAMMER and the Dark Avengers try to kidnap Nick Fury, chasing him to SHIELD bases in Alaska, Florida, and finally cornering him in the Savage Land. But Nick has a surprise for them...

Episode 2.5, The Hulk: SHIELD and HAMMER both want to recruit the Hulk, but Hulk has plans of his own. SHIELD discovers Osborne has a hit list, and Punisher is on it. In return, Punisher decides he's got a hit list too, and all the Dark Avengers and Osborne are on it. Though he's foiled in his bid to add Hulk, Osborne says he's got Victoria Hand working for him.

Episode 3, Thick as Thieves: The criminal underground is holding an auction for (Osborne's?) list, and SHIELD tries to break up the meeting. While turning over some other Maggia hideouts and hotbeds of criminal activity in order to find the access codes, they run into some ISO-powered mutants. Eventually they get into the meeting and discover it's actually a "business transaction" between The Hood, who has taken control of the Maggia, and Magneto.

Episode 4, ISO-8 Brotherhood: Magneto has been working with Osborne, but it turns out Osborne is the one experimenting with ISO-8 on mutants. Magneto quits and comes over to SHIELD to help free his mutant brethren and stop the experiments, but is he on the level? Fury recruits telepath Psylocke to find out, but then he gets kidnapped by Doctor Doom, who's also working with Osborne in a new group called the Cabal.

Episode 4.5, Prodigal Sun: Osborne tries to get Sentry to come work for him by sending the Dark Avengers to fight the Maggia and promising to help him control the Void. When Punisher shows up on the scene, acting on his own accord, Moonstone convinces Sentry that he was sent by SHIELD to kill Sentry. Sentry and Daken team up to raze SHIELD bases all over the world, culminating in a showdown at Thunderbolt Mountain, where Sentry chooses sides once and for all.
Any important details that I missed?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i took a break from this game during episode 3 so i cant really help u out here...ill just wait patiently until someone updates you with the info icon_e_wink.gif [url][/url]

EDIT -- And here's a template.

Instead of rewriting all those ranks each time, I prepared something simple, yet I think effective. It contains all the rewards which are the same for all the current PvPs (unless they change something), with the place after the coma to add tournament specific rewards. You can check how it looks like in the current Webslinger tournament first post.

So if You're the OP about the current PvP, just copy-paste the code, add covers and the name of Recruit Token, et voila!

Note: 4* are included as well, just add the proper color. Remember that 50% of the time they need to change places icon_e_wink.gif
    [b]Single Player Rewards[/b]

1. All rewards from the previous rank + IW 
    2-5. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, 
    6-10. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, 
    11-25. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, 
    26-50. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, 
    51-100. 500 ISO, 25 HP, 
    101-200. 500 ISO,
    201-300. 250 ISO, 
    301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 ISO
    401-500. Standard Token, 70 ISO

[b]Progression Rewards:[/b]

25. Standard Token
    50. 100 ISO
    100. +3 All Boosts
    200. 250 ISO
    300. Recruit Token - 
    400. 25 HP
    600. 25 HP
    700. 1000 ISO
    800. 50 HP
    900. Recruit Token - 
    1000. 1000 ISO
    1200. 1000 ISO
    1300. X-Force

[b]Alliance rewards:[/b]

1-2. 5000 ISO, 250 HP, 
    3-10. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, 
    11-25. 3000 ISO, 100 HP, 
    25-50. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, 
    51-100. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, 
    101-250. 1000 ISO, 50 HP
    251-500. 500 ISO, 25 HP
    501-1000. 500 ISO
    1001-10000. 250 ISO

BTW: I did not change the colour of the text, as I find it harder to read when in 1 line there's a mix of colours. Example:
    2-5. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, Human Torch Black, Red and Green.

(obviously I'm open to suggestions)

Hope it helps icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoilered for courtesy.
    Thick As Thieves: Nick Fury has information that a list (The List? I think this might be Osborne's hit list? I'm fairly certain this was a big Dark Reign reference that I didn't get.) that is going to be auctioned off by some underworld types. This is a covert op, so discretion is key. While turning over some other Maggia hideouts and hotbeds of criminal activity in order to find the access codes for the warehouse, the Avengers/SHIELD run into some ISO powered mutants. Eventually they get into the meeting and discover it's actually a "business transaction" between The Hood, who has taken control of the Maggia, and Magneto.

I'm fairly certain that first mention of Victoria Hand was at the end of Hulk, however ISO-8 Brotherhood was definitely the first mention of The Cabal.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't read through the story of the current PVE so far, but Cap said "Good to see you, Carol" in the Ms. Marvel node. Are we going to see Ms. Marvel next?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    I didn't read through the story of the current PVE so far, but Cap said "Good to see you, Carol" in the Ms. Marvel node. Are we going to see Ms. Marvel next?
    He somewhat sarcastically "mistakes" Moonstone for Carol Danvers.

EDIT: And here are all of the Mission Drops in the Prologue.
    Chapter 1 - H.A.M.M.E.R.
      Avenger’s Tower, Attacked!
      Iron Man (Model 35) Yellow
    A Little Neighborly Help
      1x Health Pack 1x Health Pack 100 Iso-8 100 Iso-8
    Not the Red One
    Top Floor
      50 Hero Points 50 Hero Points
    Tony’s Private Office
      Hawkeye (Classic) Purple Recruit Token (Standard)
    Battle of the Baxter Building
      Storm (Modern) Black
    Robot Invasion
    Collateral Damage
    Final Doom
      50 Hero Points 50 Hero Points

Chapter 2 - Juggernaut
      The Juggernaut
      Iron Man (Model 35) Yellow
    Stop
      Hawkeye (Classic) Red
    Osborn’s Goons
      Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage Boost +20% Blue/Purple Damage Boost +20% Green/Black Damage 500 Iso-8
    Rooftop Lookout
      Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage 100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8
    Early Departure
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8
    Stop or We’ll Stop You
      Black Widow (Modern) Blue Recruit Token (Standard)
    Heads Up
      Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage Boost +20% Blue/Purple Damage Boost +20% Green/Black Damage 500 Iso-8
    Ear to the Ground
      Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage 100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8
    Guilty By Association
      Black Widow (Modern) Purple Black Widow (Modern) Purple Black Widow (Modern) Blue 50 Hero Points
    Imposter
      Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +10% Match Damage 250 Iso-8 50 Hero Points
    Tracking Thor
      Hawkeye (Classic) Purple Hawkeye (Classic) Purple Hawkeye (Classic) Red Recruit Token (Standard)
    Goldilocks
      Storm (Modern) Red Storm (Modern) Red Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +20% Green/Purple Damage
    Full Stop
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 250 Iso-8
    Digging Deeper
      Iron Man (Model 35) Blue Iron Man (Model 35) Blue Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage 250 Iso-8
    Who Is This Clown
      Thor (Marvel NOW!) Green Thor (Marvel NOW!) Green 50 Hero Points 50 Hero Points

Chapter 3 - Venom
      Tall, Dark and Nasty
      Spider-Man (Bag-Man) Blue Spider-Man (Bag-Man) Purple Spider-Man (Bag-Man) Yellow Boost +3 Blue/Purple AP
    The Search Is On
      Juggernaut (Classic) Green Juggernaut (Classic) Red Black Widow (Modern) Blue Boost +3 Yellow/Red AP
    Black Widow Imposter
      Storm (Classic) Blue Storm (Classic) Green Storm (Classic) Yellow 50 Hero Points
    A Game of Stones
      Boost +3 Blue/Purple AP 100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8
    Kidnapping
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +3 Green/Black AP
    A Tasty Treat
      Boost +3 Yellow/Red AP 100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8
    From Russia
      100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8 50 Hero Points
    Great Responsibility
    Stolen Data
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +3 Green/Black AP
    The New Face of War
      Boost +3 Yellow/Red AP 100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8
    Iso-lated
    Interference
      Juggernaut (Classic) Green Juggernaut (Classic) Red Black Widow (Modern) Blue Boost +3 Yellow/Red AP
    Rescue Mary Jane
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 50 Hero Points
    Yelena Belova
      Hawkeye (Classic) Red Thor (Marvel NOW!) Yellow 50 Hero Points 50 Hero Points

Chapter 4 - Oscorp
      Investigating Osborn
      Juggernaut (Classic) Green Juggernaut (Classic) Green Juggernaut (Classic) Red Boost +20% Green/Black Damage
    Daken
    Runaway
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +10% Match Damage
    Rocket Men
      100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8 Boost +25% Critical Damage
    Swords to Plowshares
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage
    The Big Bang
      Juggernaut (Classic) Green Juggernaut (Classic) Green Juggernaut (Classic) Red Boost +20% Green/Black Damage
    The Oscorp Connection
      Black Widow (Modern) Blue Hawkeye (Classic) Purple Iron Man (Model 35) Blue Boost +20% H.A.M.M.E.R. Damage
    Ghost of Russia’s Past
      100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8 Recruit Token (Standard)
    Critical Data
      100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8 Boost +20% Blue/Purple Damage
    Futile Resistance
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage
    Like Father Like Son
      Storm (Modern) Red Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow) Black Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow) Purple 250 Iso-8
    Pale Little Spider
      Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man) Black Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man) Purple 250 Iso-8 50 Hero Points
    Imposters Assemble
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 500 Iso-8
    Time For Some Answers
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 500 Iso-8
    Arrested
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 50 Hero Points 50 Hero Points
    Symbiote Showdown
      Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) Black Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) Purple Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) Purple 500 Iso-8

Chapter 5 - Dark Avengers
      Grand Scheme
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +3 Yellow/Red AP
    The Big Guns
      Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man) Black Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man) Black Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man) Purple Boost +3 Blue/Purple AP
    Security Forces
      100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8 Boost +3 Green/Black AP
    Iso-8 Delivery
      Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow) Black Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow) Purple Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow) Purple Boost +20% Green/Black Damage
    Personal Security
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +10% Match Damage
    Incoming V.I.P.
      100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8 Boost +25% Critical Damage
    Dead Air
      Hawkeye (Classic) Purple Iron Man (Model 35) Red Storm (Modern) Green Boost +20% Yellow/Red Damage
    The Family
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +3 Yellow/Red AP
    The Maggia
      100 Iso-8 250 Iso-8 500 Iso-8 Boost +3 Green/Black AP
    Daken and Venom
    Yelena and Venom
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 50 Hero Points
    Dark Avengers
      Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Green Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Red Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Yellow 50 Hero Points
    Special Equipment
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) Boost +20% Blue/Purple Damage
    Thor’s Hammer
      Black Widow (Modern) Purple Juggernaut (Classic) Red 500 Iso-8 500 Iso-8
    Call Him Ragnarok
      Recruit Token (Standard) Recruit Token (Standard) 50 Hero Points 50 Hero Points
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    DOH! icon_e_sad.gif
    So chance of Ms.Marvel (Carol Danvers) making an appearance anytime soon?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    As much of a chance as anyone else I suppose. ::Puts on PR hat:: We have no announcements at this time. ::Takes off PR hat::
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Added Mawtful's story notes; thanks!
  • Somewhere, I would think the Simulator was like a #.5.5 episode or I could be wrong. Maybe it's the equivalent of what heroics are considered.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is really good. Could you wade into the Tournaments forum, and make links from the chapters to the various events?

This thread might be better over in that forum, but I'll let Mischief Maker decide that.
  • kensterr wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    DOH! icon_e_sad.gif

I hope so, but it certainly makes more sense that she would appear. I'm guessing it was a timing issue though. Carol Danvers is now Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel is a new book that just premiered with a new young woman (from Pakistan, I think...?) and it's got a lot of non-industry eyes on it right now. It's for the best that D3 doesn't confuse things, they should probably clarify later on that Carol is Captain Marvel.
  • I get there is a loose affiliation between then but the episodes do not flow in my eyes. I don't see how they would officially join together, why anything in ep1 is related to any other ep except maybe 4.

Maybe they do in the comics, dunno. Id like a little more chat bubble, there is a lot of blank missions.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Viorala wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    DOH! icon_e_sad.gif

I hope so, but it certainly makes more sense that she would appear. I'm guessing it was a timing issue though. Carol Danvers is now Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel is a new book that just premiered with a new young woman (from Pakistan, I think...?) and it's got a lot of non-industry eyes on it right now. It's for the best that D3 doesn't confuse things, they should probably clarify later on that Carol is Captain Marvel.
    They could introduce the new Ms. Marvel as the (Marvel NOW) or (Kamala Khan) version, but she's so new that I'd be surprised to see her in any licensed media for another year.

If they introduce Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel instead of Captain Marvel (Marvel NOW), I'll be disappointed. Her new costume and name are so much better than her Ms. incarnations.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    All posts unrelated to the story thus far in MPQ are subject to moderation deletion.

Discussion of wanted characters should go to The List: Most Wanted New Characters.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
  • IN the prologue we can go back and "reread" the story. Is there any plan to make the story of the other episodes rereadable in any way?
  • All posts unrelated to the story thus far in MPQ are subject to moderation deletion.

Discussion of wanted characters should go to The List: Most Wanted New Characters.

Ah, so it's going to be that kind of moderation then. Well, if y'all are going to super specifically semantic then prepare yourselves, I'll work up a really long list of suggestions of how I think this forum should be easier to find necessary answers. Use all the tools at my disposal, is my motto.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IN the prologue we can go back and "reread" the story. Is there any plan to make the story of the other episodes rereadable in any way?
    I know that during the first couple event, people were taking screenshots to chronicle it. Maybe check the wiki if you want the story text?
  • I've been addicted to this game since day 1 but I find my interest fading somewhat and I think that is because the storyline seems to have stalled...

In the recap above of the Hulk event, it ends with the teaser that Victoria Hand is up to something...but now, multiple episodes later, it seems like they've forgotten about that?

I also don't understand adding characters that have nothing to do with the story and/or not explaining their role? unless I missed it, have Loki, Ares, Black Panther, Invisible Woman (and now Torch) been part of the story?

Anyway, I understand that there are certain economic realities that the devs have to deal with and that's fine...I just hope the devs don't forget that the story is really their most valuable asset
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Ares was quietly introduced in the second Hunt as a new member of the Dark Avengers. He didn't have any lines though.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Maybe we need "First event with lines" for each character, along with the line.