**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) **** [PRE 2015-03]

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
[anchor=thor4]Thor (Goddess of Thunder)[/anchor] icon_thor.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 17262 Tile damage: 73/82/64/10/11/11/3.5
    Smite - Red 10 AP redtile.png
    The gathering lightning strikes Mjolnir as Thor brings the hammer down on her enemy. Deals 630 damage to the enemy, and then deals an additional 137 damage for each Charged tile on the board.
      Level 2: Deals 886 damage and an additional 183 damage for each Charged tile on the board Level 3: Deals 968 damage and an additional 219 damage for each Charged tile on the board, then creates 2 Charged tiles. Level 4: Deals 1388 damage and an additional 320 damage for each Charged tile on the board, then places 3 Charged tiles. Level 5: Deals 1717 damage and an additional 365 damage per Charged tile, then places 4 Charged tiles.
    Max Level: Deals 3409 damage plus 725 per Charged tile, places 4 Charged tiles.
      Striking Distance - Yellow 12 AP yellowtile.png
      Thor flings Mjolnir at an impossible speed towards her enemies, the impact dashing their plan of attack. Deals 356 damage to the enemy team and converts 1 random enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile into a Charged tile.
        Level 2: Converts 2 Enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles into Charged tiles. Level 3: Deals 593 damage to the enemy team and converts 3 random enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles into Charged tiles. Level 4: Can convert enemy Countdown tiles in addition to Strike, Protect and Attack tiles. Level 5: Deals 1150 damage to the enemy team and converts 5 random enemy Strike, Attack, Protect, or Countdown tiles into Charged tiles.
      Max Level: Deals 2284 damage to the enemy team, converts 5 random enemy Special tiles
        Power Surge - Blue 9 AP bluetile.png
        Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes. Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and converts 3 random basic redtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png tiles to Charged tiles.
          Level 2: Stuns the target for 2 turns. Level 3: Creates 4 Charged tiles. Level 4: Stuns the target for 3 turns and creates 5 Charged tiles. Level 5: Stuns for 4 turns and creates 12 Charged tiles
        Max Level: Stuns target for 4 turns and creates 12 Charged tiles

Older post:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/2/689307 ... os-android
        IceIX wrote:
        Will Lady Thor and Thor be playable at the same time, or are they considered the same person? Different icon?
        Mjolnir is still Mjolnir, so no, you can't use Odinson and Goddess at the same time. Doesn't mean that you might not see all three together in a Simulator of course. icon_e_smile.gif

Fixed name in title.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
          OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
          Don't lazy up a 4*, devs.
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards

I dunno... seems like the perfect opportunity to add 20% to all of LazyThor's stats and call it a 4*...
        • OnesOwnGrief
          OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards

I dunno... seems like the perfect opportunity to add 20% to all of LazyThor's stats and call it a 4*...
          Who doesn't want a 5422/2711 truck to the face?
        • CrookedKnight
          CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
          IceIX confirmed in the General thread that she has new abilities.

(I expect them to be damage, damage, and DAMAGE)
        • IceIX confirmed in the General thread that she has new abilities.

I got these new abilities all figured out.

14 red AP - Does X damage to team, X more damage to target.
          8 yellow AP - Does Y damage to target, adds 3 green tile to board.
          12 green AP - Does Z damage to target, adds 9 red tiles to board.
        • orionpeace
          orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
          Phantron wrote:

I see what you did there. Hopefully, D3 utilizes more imagination than that. Sadly, you could be right.
        • xKOBALTx
          xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
          Phantron wrote:

icon_lol.gif except:
          IceIX wrote:
          Goddess is not RGY.
        • xKOBALTx wrote:
          Phantron wrote:

icon_lol.gif except:
          IceIX wrote:
          Goddess is not RGY.

FTFY
          14 Purple AP - Does X damage to team, X more damage to target.
          8 Blue AP - Does Y damage to target, adds 3 black tile to board.
          12 Black AP - Does Z damage to target, adds 9 purple tiles to board.
        • xKOBALTx
          xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
          ecir2002 wrote:
          FTFY
          14 Purple AP - Does X damage to team, X more damage to target.
          8 Blue AP - Does Y damage to target, adds 3 black tile to board.
          12 Black AP - Does Z damage to target, adds 9 purple tiles to board.

OP Thor-ness on underused colors?
          shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-2560x16001-640x400.jpg
          icon_lol.gif
        • Her name is not Lady Thor, it's Thor. That's kinda the point. Her MPQ name will likely be Thor (Godess of Thunder).

I'm hoping for a different but thematically similar move set, kinda like X-Force compared to Patch. Green Death, check, skill that can one shot the hulk, check, yellow heal, check, different play style from each other, check.
        • I'm guessing she's got to have an active red (since there's no 4* with red power), and am hoping for another Purple power. I'm hoping her abilities will look something like this:
            Hammer Throw - Red 6 AP
            Thor charges Mjolnir and throws it at an enemy, doing 200 damage and stunning the enemy for 1 turn.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Damage increased to 90. Level 3: Damage increased to 110. Level 4: Mjolnir ricochets, stunning the entire enemy team for 1 turn. Level 5: Mjolnir also does damage to the entire enemy team.
            Max Level: 2578 damage

Lightning Projection - Purple 10 AP
            Thor channels powerful lightning currents, striking down her most powerful foes with their own power. Deals 50 damage per AP in the enemy's largest AP pool, and creates 2-3-turn countdown on a random tile that do an additional 600 damage.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Deals 65 damage per AP, 3 countdowns are created. Level 3: Deals 75 damage per AP, 4 countdowns are created. Level 4: Deals 85 damage per AP, 5 countdowns are created. Level 5: Reduces countdown to 2, 7 countdowns are created.
            Max Level: Deals 300 damage per AP, countdowns do 1942 damage

Light of Justice - Green 9 AP
            Thor summons Mjolnir's power, causing evil to scatter. Destroys 4 basic black tiles.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Destroys 5 basic black tiles. Level 3: Destroys 6 basic black tiles. Level 4: Destroys 7 basic black tiles. Level 5: Destroys all Black Tiles

Eg, another usable purpleflag.png color. One can dream can't they?
          • Nellyson
            Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
            So does anyone know anything about Goddess of Thunder from the comics? I'd like to get an idea of how she is as Thor and come up with some good powers that represent her well from the comics....might have to go do some research! I'm stoked for her tho....should be an awesome version of Thor!

Side note...does anyone remember who leaked those 4 silhouettes of the next upcoming characters??? There was a big dude on the far left (ended up being a version of icon_colossus_new.png), then icon_beast.png, then a woman with a cape and then another female character (which turns out to be a version of icon_ms_marvel.png). Well whoever you are, it's icon_thor.png Goddess of Thunder and I'd like to see what artwork goes with that silhouette! I'll see if I can scrounge up the versions of the other characters so others don't think I'm just a crazy person! icon_lol.gif
          • GrumpySmurf1002
            GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
            daibar wrote:
            I'm guessing she's got to have an active red (since there's no 4* with red power), and am hoping for another Purple power. I'm hoping her abilities will look something like this:
              Hammer Throw - Red 6 AP
              Thor charges Mjolnir and throws it at an enemy, doing 200 damage and stunning the enemy for 1 turn.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Damage increased to 90. Level 3: Damage increased to 110. Level 4: Mjolnir ricochets, stunning the entire enemy team for 1 turn. Level 5: Mjolnir also does damage to the entire enemy team.
              Max Level: 2578 damage

Lightning Projection - Purple 10 AP
              Thor channels powerful lightning currents, striking down her most powerful foes with their own power. Deals 50 damage per AP in the enemy's largest AP pool, and creates 2-3-turn countdown on a random tile that do an additional 600 damage.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Deals 65 damage per AP, 3 countdowns are created. Level 3: Deals 75 damage per AP, 4 countdowns are created. Level 4: Deals 85 damage per AP, 5 countdowns are created. Level 5: Reduces countdown to 2, 7 countdowns are created.
              Max Level: Deals 300 damage per AP, countdowns do 1942 damage

Light of Justice - Green 9 AP
              Thor summons Mjolnir's power, causing evil to scatter. Destroys 4 basic black tiles.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Destroys 5 basic black tiles. Level 3: Destroys 6 basic black tiles. Level 4: Destroys 7 basic black tiles. Level 5: Destroys all Black Tiles

Eg, another usable purpleflag.png color. One can dream can't they?

That is a ton of damage for 10AP, more than Demolition which is also 10AP. Shift that up to 12-13 and it's good.
              The red as a 6AP AoE for 2500 is also insanely cheap.

Right ideas, but the cost has to go up or bring the damage down a touch.
            • themoneymaker
              themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
              Also that posts lists Devil Dino as playable. YAY here's hoping they don't just mean in events.
            • That is a ton of damage for 10AP, more than Demolition which is also 10AP. Shift that up to 12-13 and it's good.

I guess at lvl 270 (vs 166) it would overpower the 3* too much? I figured that 2 or 3 of the countdowns would get matched away, but it is probably a tad much.
            • Nellyson wrote:
              So does anyone know anything about Goddess of Thunder from the comics? I'd like to get an idea of how she is as Thor and come up with some good powers that represent her well from the comics....might have to go do some research! I'm stoked for her tho....should be an awesome version of Thor!

Side note...does anyone remember who leaked those 4 silhouettes of the next upcoming characters??? There was a big dude on the far left (ended up being a version of icon_colossus_new.png), then icon_beast.png, then a woman with a cape and then another female character (which turns out to be a version of icon_ms_marvel.png). Well whoever you are, it's icon_thor.png Goddess of Thunder and I'd like to see what artwork goes with that silhouette! I'll see if I can scrounge up the versions of the other characters so others don't think I'm just a crazy person! icon_lol.gif
              Read today the 1º issue and Thor gets its arm cutted by malekith and only on the last page she appears picking up Mjolnir and turning into Thor. Only on the next issue it will be shown her powers.
            • GrumpySmurf1002
              GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
              daibar wrote:
              That is a ton of damage for 10AP, more than Demolition which is also 10AP. Shift that up to 12-13 and it's good.

I guess at lvl 270 (vs 166) it would overpower the 3* too much? I figured that 2 or 3 of the countdowns would get matched away, but it is probably a tad much.

The countdowns aren't terrible, it's the extra probably 2400-3k from the AP. Because it's the largest pool, by the time you get to 10 purple, the AI will probably have 8-10 in their biggest color. So even if 2 countdowns matched, you're looking at like 13k damage, which because of the countdown dynamic will likely wipe 2 opponents, or at least cripple the 2nd. Except for weird flukes, Fury's 10kish, while also massive, can only kill 1 opponent (except for buggy flukes that are out there)
            • Dragon_Nexus
              Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
              According to Gamespot, she'll be a Season 7 reward.
              So...there goes any hope of getting her any time soon.
            • A 4* Thor? Seems like she's gonna be pretty busted.

I'll be here all week folks
            • I think she will be the 1º woman char to have a big healthpool and she will be too the new killing machine of the entire block.. A tanky and dmg char at the same time... ouch... Goodbye X-Force on the being the best 4*.
            This discussion has been closed.