How much HP do you spend on Health Packs?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm just curious how much HP people spend on Health Packs weekly. Also, do you buy the 5 packs, or do you just buy singles as you need them? Can anyone claim the record high of HP spent on health packs in a single event? icon_lol.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I don't think I've ever bought a health pack in all the time I've played this game.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've bought health packs exactly once, in the last minutes of the anniversary-week Heroic grindfest to maintain top placement and get a Nick Fury cover. So on average I guess I spend about 4 HP a week on them?
  • It would have to be an extreme emergency for me to spend HP on a health pack.

Like...there's 3 minutes left in the PVP, I only need one more match to get 1000 and my Xforce is dead.

But I'm always at 1k with at least 12 hours left nowadays.
  • None. Never bought one. Don't even know how much they cost. I might consider it if there ever was a real "emergency" and covers I wanted were on the line, but it's never come up. I have a lot of characters to play around with and I tend to be pretty health pack efficient.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I bought a 5 pack once. It was months ago, 8-9 maybe??? I was struggling between PvE and PvP that featured the same hero and I needed both rewards. I don't remember how much it cost or even if it was worth it icon_e_confused.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bought a 5 pack once, during the last run of The Gauntlet. Was in 8th place with 2 nodes to finish, and I wanted that 10 pack. Of course I go into the first node, with full health, and come out unscathed. Took some damage in the 2nd node. It seems like it was a long time ago, and I don't regret it. At the time I thought it might get me 10 3*, but I was just being optimistic. I think I got 3 3*, only 1 usuable. 2 Mohawk Greens and a Deadpool purple, that I used.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've bought them twice so far...

Once was to meet my alliances minimum requirements in the somewhat recent Punisher PvP after things went horribly wrong. The other was to ensure I could make top 2 in a PvE last year as points came down to the last 10 minutes and I needed my A-Team healed up again.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lies, babinro needs no health packs.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More than I realized. I've spent 1000hp in 2015 so far. It's always when trying to balance pve and pvp; i tend to rush and when I rush I tend to eat damage in dumb ways. I've only spent 100 since 1/20, so that's something.

This thread is good though, I found a leak. Time to plug it.
  • 2 5packs in 354 days

First was during a PvE/PvP/Simulator end of Season juggling act that paid for itself with all the earned HP (7500 Season, 1500 Simulator, etc)

Second was last month when I was trying to grind nodes 6 times for a top2 and XF Green cover - worth every bit of HP.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think I purchased a 5 pack of health packs twice ever since starting, and both times it was so I could stay in 1st place or the top 10 of events.

Basically only if the prize I could miss out on is worth more than the HP.
  • On average, very very little. Occasionally I need them to attain a 1000 progress goal or PvE placement I am going for. Maybe 5 health packs every 2 months, so I put down 0-25.

When I do buy them I buy 5 usually, because I need 3 usually.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    never bought a health pack. If I run out it's time to stop.

Also the way I play I tend to have extra health packs left over anyway. A deep roster is worth as many health packs as you have usable characters.
  • I think I've bought health packs two or three times, and usually regretted it. They're usually not worth the cost, in my experience. I've also got the kind of roster that means there are always a lot of healthy characters at any given time.

They really only make sense in emergencies.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    I'm just curious how much HP people spend on Health Packs weekly. Also, do you buy the 5 packs, or do you just buy singles as you need them? Can anyone claim the record high of HP spent on health packs in a single event? icon_lol.gif
    Isn't 1 = 50HP and 5 = 200HP? I buy them occasionally. Sometimes, all I need is 1, but I have done the 5 options a few times. I tend to only play PVP in the last few hours of an event, so sometimes I dont have the time to wait for one to refresh. If I'm only planning on shielding once, then the HP gained from a top 10 finish balances itself out if I have to buy a health pack.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    2x 5-packs in 423 days of playing.
    1st purchase occured during the end of Mystique's release event (Heroic Juggernaut I think), since I was very close to getting top10 and I like Mystique a lot. Ended up in 11th a few points behind 10th, black Mystique covers were earned soon enough anyway, so not a wise purchase, of course.
    2nd was during the latest run of Gauntlet, with 10-packs for top 10 in each sub. I kept wiping Punisher on the very last essential Punisher node, so caved in and bought some health to finally complete my run and earn t10 (exactly 10th spot). Absolutely not worth it, although the pack did contain 2 gold covers, but it was a matter of principle to try to speedrun the Gauntlet with all the other crazies. If they keep it up, I will likely try to abstain from buying healthpacks and do 'fair' Gauntlet runs with only resources already available.
    I don't ever buy healthpacks for regular PvP and try to utilize dupes or diverse teams when both PvE and PvP require attention.

Buying healthpacks is generally not worth the HP, since it doesn't guarantee you anything, you can still fall victim to your own tardiness, bad boards, being sniped while unshielded, other players being luckier and faster, etc. But I guess the general populace knows that well enough already.
    People that I know to buy healthpacks usually can afford to do that safely and just save themselves time when doing that, for example while making speedruns in PvP from 0 to 1000+ points, etc.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This concept is as foreign to me as spending HP on boosts. I've spend zero combined HP on these two resources (day 342).
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In the Cyclops PVP I think I dropped for a 5-pack. I was north of 800 already for score and retaliations/hits hadn't started coming in yet. With those 5 packs I was able to push to 978 before dropping my first shield. In most PVP events this season, getting above 950 has required a 3/8 shield pair (which would have cost 225 HP), so, in this instance, I was able to treat that 5-pack as a 25HP discount over the normal HP price spent to hit 1000.
  • I've bought 2-3 5 packs total over my 490-day career (got my first daily Thoress today...on a Thursday, no less!), and each time I did it to complete a last-minute push past a 4* progression point in PvP. As a part of the cost of a 4* cover, 200 HP seems perfectly reasonable. I've never been able to justify it otherwise.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've only bought 1 healthpack, and that was to guarantee a Top 5 finish in the PvE that had Star-Lord as a reward.

As a result of that, I've come up with the following tagline:

"Health Packs. Definitely worth it when you need it, but never feels good."