Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Iceman

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Last time, I only had a purple cover. Now, he's 1/2/1. Heard it was an easy fight against JG, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Also hoping I gather some premium boosts. I used up my last ones when I forgot to clear them in the match after the last Crash mission.

Previous Runs
Crash of the Titans Cycle 1: Iceman (12/09/15)

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Ice-Man stand at 2/3/2 (Level 115). I`m hoping to get through the CotT for the first time. icon_e_wink.gif
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Last time, I only had a purple cover. Now, he's 1/2/1. Heard it was an easy fight against JG, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Also hoping I gather some premium boosts. I used up my last ones when I forgot to clear them in the match after the last Crash mission.

This is, indeed, one of the easiest 4*DDQ, IF you have at least 0/3/0. When this came around last time, I had a 0/2/1 level 90 iceman, and it was one of the rare occasions I spent money for a cover, to get him to 0/3/1. Very slow win, but a win regardless.

The idea is to keep your opponent stunlocked, casting blue only when there are no blue countdown tiles present. At 3 covers, he stuns for 4 turns, which makes a world of difference, as the countdown tile would have expired by then, and hopefully within that four turns you'd have collected enough blue to keep casting it every 4 turns. Just need to be very careful not to double-cast it in case you don't have enough blue to stun your opponent again.

This is one of the few occasions where as long as you have the right covers, you can in fact do it at level 70 (I did it at 90). Save your premium boosts.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time this fight ran my icon_iceman.png was 1/0/2 so it wasn't even funny. Just lots of sadness. Now he is up to 5/2/5 which isn't optimal but I think I will be able to pull it off.
  • Qwertylot
    Qwertylot Posts: 30
    Options
    I never pull his covers, and my 1/0/1 Iceman isn't going to cut it. I'll give it one or two goes for giggles. Oh well, there's always the next one.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a lvl 120 2/4/4 Bobby. I'm looking forward to phoning this one in and not using any boosts. We shall see.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    pulled a blue with my first taco token to get to 0/2/2, but I'm still not holding out too much hope! Will give it a try I guess
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    I have him at 4/3/1 158, so this is going to be the first Crash that I seriously try.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at 0/3/2, with a Green coming in Daily Rewards the next day. But based on comments here, it sounds like I will be fine.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a green a couple weeks back. Bumped my 90 4/2/2 to 167 today, hoping that works.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time, at 5/0/2@168 (or whatever the limit is with those covers), it was just ugly. Now, 5/5/3@285, I'm expecting a snoozer. I can use a snoozer. icon_e_smile.gif Should be nice to remove the taste in my mouth from trying to win with Mr F.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mine is approaching respectability @ 1/1/3 level 70. I've got 20k iso as I just championed Loki yesterday. I've got 9 days left on 2 punisher covers (level 100), I'm looking at Cyclops 6 days from now. I've had a great run of 4clops covers in the last 45 days. Mine is now 4/1/5 level 104. With some iso I can win his. I don't know if I can spare any for Bobby tomorrow. I just don't know what to do here.

I've had a green Bobby in my last two pve vaults and between blowing 100 hp a day on daily "deals" trying desperately to get one and the 1k I spent rostering quake, I'm tapped.

Is 1/1/3 enough or should I pass and save the iso?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    1/2/5 lvl 172 first try with boosts. might not have needed them but good to knock it out quick.

red starlord. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Pulled a green a couple weeks back. Bumped my 90 4/2/2 to 167 today, hoping that works.

First time AI got 10 purple -and- 12 green by turn five. Cascades yeesh!

2nd time got her easy.

Green Thing - at least 4th thrown away while needing either of the other colors, including last time it was rewarded. Red Hulk is the exact same for me, except it is the reward next time. icon_e_sad.gif

HATE HATE HATE RNG SYSTEM.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Missed this last time as my phone was on service. This time Ice Ice Baby is level 250 with a 3/5/4 build. Had it a bit diffuclt due to Little blue on the board, but I was able to freeze Jean a few times until I could finally Punch a Snowman.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    My Ice-Man stand at 2/3/2 (Level 115). I`m hoping to get through the CotT for the first time. icon_e_wink.gif
    Mission accomplished! icon_cool.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a difference a cover makes. Last time I had only 1 blue cover, and it just wasn't enough to keep her locked down long enough. This time around I tried my 2/2/2 unboosted at level 93 just to get a feel for things. Three turns of stun works much better, and I felt like I had a good chance. I threw 19k ISO at him to level him up to 127 and boosted b/p and all ap plus all match damage. I had a very favorable board that was sparse in purple and green. After stunning her once, I was able to take away any matches in her colors and slowly build up purple and green. I only needed a couple of uses of Whiteout and CaI, before a match-5 into a match-4 blue finished her off.

I like this kind of match up. Playing carefully to keep the opponent locked down, sacrificing short term gains for long term board control, it makes it into more of a thinking game.

icon_cyclops.pngblueflag.png with the token.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took a couple of tries but got there with my 1/2/2 , you need to keep the blue stun going for as long as you can, I took the +1 all boosts and +2 b/p & 50% damage on b/p, my reward, a 5* spidey (my first)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madok wrote:
    Last time this fight ran my icon_iceman.png was 1/0/2 so it wasn't even funny. Just lots of sadness. Now he is up to 5/2/5 which isn't optimal but I think I will be able to pull it off.

Been feeding him ISO and he is now at level 200. Beat her on my first go with no boosts.

She got off one power. Fighting a max JG was nice because I didn't need to look at her powers to see how much she would hit for.

LT banked for after I finish Ice in the off-season PVP where his final blue will come around.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beat crash of the titans for the first time ever today, woohoo!

2/3/1 131 Iceman. Was easy with that 4-turn stun of his.

Bad news is, token_legendary.png got me icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.pnghotdog.pngicon_lol.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time my Iceman was terrible, but this time he was 3/3/5 level 189. I boosted all AP and blue/purple because I could. I matched blue right away and I think Jean got 3 non-stunned turns the whole match.

Got a useless XFW black with the token. Oh well, 1000 ISO.