Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Red Hulk

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Can't tell how many covers I had last time. I'm guessing it was 1/2/1. Now he's 2/5/3. I've already bumped him up to 170. Saving up for x23.

Previous Runs
Crash of the Titans Cycle 1: Red Hulk (12/19/15)

Comments

• pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the previous post.

Totally skipped Cyclops since he was 2/1/1. Optimistic for Red Hulk, as the RNGods have granted me with 5/3/5. Not even sure I should be leveling him beyond the current 120 (not until I have enough ISO to champion him anyhow).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time I think my Rulk was 0/2/1 or something equally pitiful. I did my best but even with all the damage boosts I had I came up short.
    I have been lucky with the tokens since then though and now Rulk is maxed with an optimal build, so it should be a fairly easy fight.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always wondered why this fight got the lighter opponent (lower level/covers). rulk is incredibly strong and can zero hulks green at a whim. I'd much rather have the lighter opponent for fantastic or something.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time Hulk was level 222, not sure if that was a mistake that will be "corrected" this time.

Had something like seven covers but four green, so took it down last time.

Just drained my taco vault to get my 13th Rhulk, now 4/5/4 172 should be able to get it done.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My "Thunderbolt" Ross is 0/0/4, so more of a Magenta Hulk. (Third time I made this joke!)
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My "Thunderbolt" Ross is 0/0/4, so more of a Magenta Hulk. (Third time I made this joke!)

Mine is 1/1/2 - fuchsia hulk?

I've pulled more covers for Nova than this guy. Come on RNG! He's the perfect pair for my 4cyc! Stop being a jerk.
  • Zikato
    Zikato Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any chance to do this with only 4 green covers?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zikato wrote:
    Any chance to do this with only 4 green covers?
    If Hulk is still 2/2/2 I think you have a chance since you can do quite a bit of damage to him.
  • Spinne60
    Spinne60 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    just beat him with my 534 Rulk, Level 205

added blue/violet and a 20% boost an all matches

got a blue Cyclops cover, now at 544
  • Saintsfanuk
    Saintsfanuk Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Level 150 hulk 2/5/2 no boosts first time. He did get a smash off when I had 4k health left and he had 5k but I had a green ready to go finished with 800 health.
  • Zikato
    Zikato Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did it 0 4 0 Rhulk, lvl 127. Had 100% match damage, 50% R+Y, and 50% G+B and killed him on my 2nd try. Pretty good board though, not 5-crits, but easy to deny and he got no cascades from Anger.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got it first try with 138 Rulk at 3/2/3. Don't use Rulk to often and didn't realize that when you use green, it depletes all green AP (so saving up more than 18 green isn't going to let you fire off Hammer & Anvil more than once).

Hulk did get Smash on me once, but I was able to drain green before it was coming so that it didn't hurt too bad. Purple was a big help on this one.

With my token I got a much needed blueflag.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Last time Hulk was level 222, not sure if that was a mistake that will be "corrected" this time.

Had something like seven covers but four green, so took it down last time.

Just drained my taco vault to get my 13th Rhulk, now 4/5/4 172 should be able to get it done.

Hulk almost cascaded into 14 red throughout the match, but a nice easy match this morning.

Really wish -all- of the opponents were 222.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    109 1/3/1 Rulk with a handful of boosts on second try (first had been at 94 to see what was worth boosting). Drawn out battle, tense and enjoyable with a lucky match 5 from the skies saving the day on my last move after he got 14 red AP with us both at around 1000 health left.
    My token gave me a Fury cover for iso to balance out the luck though!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/5/4 190 Rulk did it first try. No boosts. Hulk got off 2 Smashes on me and I ended the game with 888 health. I could have played more proficiently for sure.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lvl 147 2/2/3 - two tries; first time around I let him get off smash; next battle, I managed my green more efficiently; used right at 18 ap; and I denied red like no tomorrow. Saved my purple use to when he collected around 8 green ap
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it on the first try with my 2/5/4 level 150 Rulk with no boosts. He got off one smash which made it close but I was able to finish him. LT banked. Now up to 4 LTs and 320 CPs banked.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Red hulk 4/0/4 no green power
    I tried two times at level 94
    Though not successful, but feel doable,
    Then level up red hulk to 188, all damage boost, critical boost, +2 purple
    , finish hulk in the first time. Got my first KP yellow cover
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1/1/1 Rulk can't do it. Seems like it would be a fairly easy fight with a few more covers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1/2/1 @ 94. Kinda didn't think I would get it done, but hulk at 222 made all the difference.

I did three practice runs just to learn the best strategies. And then three more real attempts with full hp match damage boosts. It was still a close thing. At lvl 94 I only have 6.6k health, so every red/green/black match against me really hurt, and a long match could kill me on match damage alone.

It took a very lucky board (opened up with a match 5 red for me that took off 3.5k before the ai even got a move), and even so I still only had 800 health left when I finally won.