Ant-Man vs Jean Gray how did you do

Options
ZeiramMR
ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
I know the Ant-Man Crash is 2.5 days out, but bumping the old thread ahead of time. (Mods: Care to move this to Events?)

If Ant-Man is still against Jean, it will be harder this time around. When enemy team-ups were in place, there was a low-level Inferno that you could steal for some small attack tiles. Now the only way to steal tiles is to survive a Green attack.

My phone was out of commission during this node last time, I look forward to seeing if I can pull it off at my level/covers.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I know the Ant-Man Crash is 2.5 days out, but bumping the old thread ahead of time. (Mods: Care to move this to Events?)

If Ant-Man is still against Jean, it will be harder this time around. When enemy team-ups were in place, there was a low-level Inferno that you could steal for some small attack tiles. Now the only way to steal tiles is to survive a Green attack.

My phone was out of commission during this node last time, I look forward to seeing if I can pull it off at my level/covers.

Moved and Stickied!
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Will be interesting to see how much harder it is without the inferno factor. My 3/1/1 managed it last time, so hopefully 5/3/2 will be ok!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    2/2/2 level 127. Got it on my 12 health pack drain. Unbelievable amount of green and purple, it kept dropping down with every match. Finally got a favorable board and whittled her down with Pym particles, she only was able to fire off the inferno tu and my blue was ready for it .

Pumped for this, I now have a lvl 188, 5/2/2 Antman, and considering purple was how I beat her last time, I'm not too much worried about the loss of the TU inferno. Hopefully I won't go through 12 health packs this time.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oof, this early bump had me scared. Did I miss it yesterday?!? Don't see it today?!?

Last time I beat it with a 3/3/3 or some such, I think level 168 (I couldn't quite get him to the 172 I usually camp at). This time I'm less worried with my 5/4/4 172...the only question will be do I fail a couple times and give up and do +all AP or +max damage instead of using the smaller ap boosts.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Man... I haven't earned a single Ant Man cover since last time this was ran... and it was hard then when she went for teamup tiles!

At least I know its possible I guess as I just managed it last time with my 1 yellowflag.png 1 blueflag.png 4 purpleflag.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now I have a champion Ant-Man. Ho ho ho.
    Granted, it's still a tough fight.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Oof, this early bump had me scared. Did I miss it yesterday?!? Don't see it today?!?

Last time I beat it with a 3/3/3 or some such, I think level 168 (I couldn't quite get him to the 172 I usually camp at). This time I'm less worried with my 5/4/4 172...the only question will be do I fail a couple times and give up and do +all AP or +max damage instead of using the smaller ap boosts.

Did exactly the same panic, although I can't see me managing this fight with a mere 2/1/2 level 90 (could push to 111) Ant Man.

I think the next Clash I have a chance with is now Jean Grey as I've lucked into 2/0/4 in the last couple of weeks due to a bunch of legendary packs.

It would be nice to get some more free Ant Man covers like when they last run it especially with the no 20 ISO now....

Psssttttt developers drop an Ant Man before this 4* Clash please.....
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Couple more days to go. This is super helpful:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/ddq/
  • Carpark
    Options
    Is it even worth trying with just 3 purpleflag.png and 2 yellowflag.png ? Can level him to 127 if need be.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it 1st try with my level 188, 5/2/2 Antman. Used both purple boosts and a rainbow tile damage. She got off 1 Mind over Matter but my purple wore her down along with my yellow.

My LT was ..... purpleflag.pngicon_antman.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My champion Ant-man took Jean down on the first try with little trouble. Got Pym particles and a few Ants! Ants! Ants! off, and whittled her down.
    Only afterwards did I realize I should have speced him 5/3/5 instead of 5/5/3...
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DONE. 3 try's with my 3/2/3 ant-man lvl 100 (boosts 2x purple/blue. 2all ap , 100% match dmg) >meh LT giveme purple electra icon_e_sad.gif(
  • Weltenzeichner
    Weltenzeichner Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat her with my lvl 135 4/1/1 antman,boosted p/b +2 and all colors +2. Got purple out quickly and it landed perfectly in a corner. Denied purple and green and hit it postcode timed growth when she just had enough green to finish me off. And I was rewarded with my 7th invisible woman cover since the introduction of LTs, making her my best 4* at 9 covers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    145 4/2/4 here. Beat her in my 4th try (no boosts).

Had her to down to 620 health on the first try, but a lucky cascade for jg purples me to death.

Then two crazy **** cascades into match-5s led to indta-death for me. 4th fight took a long time, but I eventually ground out a win with 113 health left (thank you purple grow finishing move!).

The key is getting purple and yellow out asap and then surviving long enough to whittle her down. Denying purple and then green is essential. Give her as much blue as she will take (unless you have 5 blue covers in which case you should aim for grow).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    3/-/5, 169, +2 y/r, +2 p/b

Easiest clash yet. But they've broken the apparent no stun rule with JG
    This time 5/3/5, 169, no boosts, 1 attempt. Deny purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png , I did eat 1 Mind Over Matter mid match then cruised to victory.

icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png champion level
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Lvl. 140 5/3/5 Ant-Dude gave an easy win on the second try (unlucky cascade on the first try) that resulted in a greenflag.pngicon_ghostrider.png
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like I had leveled my Ant-Man to exactly enough for my covers in this DDQ (level 142, 4/3/4, +2 B/P and R/Y AP boosts). I was doing pretty well though it took some time to get the purple trap on the board. Had Jean down to one hit left when she got enough AP to fire her Green power... the AoE, tile match, and strike+attack tiles she made brought me down to the 30s for health.

Legendary = CapFalcon Blue putting him at 4/4/4.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/2/1 lvl 131 here. Took two tries. First try was using +2 purple/blue, +2 all, +100% match damage. Failed miserably.

2nd try was a squeak by. Used +100% match damage and two retired boosts. +20% damage to mutants and +20% to X-Men. Had 500 hit points left after lucky purple.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/2/5 lvl 172, got him first shot, my very first 5* icon_spiderman.pnggreenflag.png !!!!!! Now to find a match to throw a car in, i want to see that animation!!!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took 2 tries. Level 94 3/2/4 with +2 all and +2 blue and purple.

Got a good board. Purple spread out, which let the attack titles pile up. Saved up enough blue to land grow. Dropped Ants, ants, ants twice. She never got a power off.

Got icon_starlord.pngredflag.png

ZmmZ1nm.gif