Ant-Man vs Jean Gray how did you do

Options

Comments

• christinelw
    Options
    I have a 152 AM. Everybody is saying they beat her within a few moves in that is **** Emma mine is level 152 at 313 and I have failed about 6 times.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    vinnygecko wrote:
    Level 90, 2/0/1. Did not stand a chance but gave it a few tries. Closest I got was getting her about halfway down before she got her purple off.

Fared much better this time with Antman, who is now 3/2/3 at level 135. Used +all AP, +b/p AP and match damage AP. Got Pym Particles and Ants!Ants!Ants! off twice to chip away at her. Denied green and purple pretty easily, she didn't get a power off this time.

Got a yellowflag.pngicon_professorx.png to bring him to 1/2/4.

2nd cycle of 4* DDQ I have been doing much better - hooray progress icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 153 5/3/1 first try. Early purple lasted the whole match. Ate one purpleflag.png from her, but my attack tiles were back the next turn. Eventually gathered enough purple to finish her off with Grow, but it was a foregone conclusion by then.

5th XFDP purpleflag.png from the token. I'll have to try him out with xfw.
  • drewesque wrote:
    My 1/0/3 finally did it. I kept Pym Particles on the board until every purple was strike, blasted a grow, and tossed as many ants as I could. It still came down to the wire, but my strike and attack tiles saved me. And I got Reed Richards blue out of it, which at least wasn't yet another IW green.
    This time, I was much better prepared, with a 2/2/4 153, but it took a couple tries. First, she cascaded into multiple purple and green 5 matches, then I cascaded a five match the next try. After that **** luck to start, smooth sailing.
    Miles Morales wasn't exactly what I hoped for, but it helps ensure I can almost always hit the essential nodes. I'm really getting frustrated about my 2 5* covers, though. Statistically, someone is bound to have terribly awful luck on draws, but I'd rather that person be hypothetical.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it the first time with my 5/1/2 140 antman. Boosted +2 blue/purple, 50% r/y/p/b damage. Ate one purpleflag.png then dropped my own purple with a perfect board for it and built up the purple needed for grow while those wore her down. Killed her with that grow with 750 health left.

Got a blackflag.pngicon_venom.png to bring him to 0/2/2 as my reward.

I haven't lost a 4* DDQ yet this go around which is amazing since I only won 3 times the first round. Definitely shows the progress of my roster. Probably going to lose the next one though since my SL is only 1/3/1.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/4/4 172 was lucky to get done on the 2nd time (last time I was 3/3/3 168)....just couldn't stop the AI from cascading purple and green from the top of the board. Hard to deny/prevent that!
  • christinelw
    Options
    323@lvl 127 once she gets off green once then use your blue and set your purple yellows as soon as possible.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on 2nd try with lvl 120 5/3/1. Boosted +2 B/P, +50% B/P and +60% all match. I still had 4k+ health when it was all said and done.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won on my first try with a 5/3/5 level 206 Antman. Boosted match damage, all AP and blue/purple. Got purple off and slowly whittled her away. Easy peasy.

So I'm not sure why the legendary token punished me with a Totally Lame Hulk cover.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can't beat her with 2/4/3 142 ant-man=( I remeber beating her long ago with much weaker ant man and now 13 tries and no luck.....she always get pink/green or I get 5-match...so lame....
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/1/4 level 148. Beat her when weaker last time so wondered why I was having a hard time.

Then finally remembered oh yeah 2nd purple grow hits for big damage.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally! 16+ tries, 25k ISO + 100 HP spent on boosters and leveling. Got redflag.pngicon_ironman.png Hulkbuster so I guess it paid off=)
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Second try with my 535. First he was L140 and all was going well until a bad cascade. I figured I needed more health so boosted him to 152. Then used +2 p/b, + match damage all, + match damage p/b. The board was purple starved so neither of us used purple. I never got a grow off but used yellow 3x. Between the CD damage and strike tiles it was pretty easy. A late use of full of surprises made it close but it was in the bag by then. I gained a lot of respect for antman in this fight. Will be using in pve soon.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pff, I know my level 94 2/1/1 Antman is not a powerhouse. But out of my 10 health packs I just wasted, 2 matches were lost due to skyfall cascading into a 5-match myself, and the rest either due to my matches leaving purple/green by skyfall (or forced move) or a board reset leaving the AI with favourable matches.

That's ridiculous. icon_mad.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/1/5 lvl 140 got it first try, no boosts. Got purple out early and the trap was in a corner.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got her on the fifth try (another match that I couldn't do in the first cycle). +2 all, +3 all (yay retired boosts!), +50% blue/purple damage, 3/2/2 @ 147. I actually didn't know how to use Ant-Man initially, so I wasted some boosts and health packs for a couple rounds before I realized how Grow works; in the end, once I got disciplined about denying green / the board stopped giving her so much green, I was able to mostly chip away her health with the purple power, stockpiled enough blue to get Grow off (which only did 2k-something damage), and got yellow off a couple/three times to make my purples that much more persuasive.

Another blue Iceman was the end prize, so I guess I can't win them all.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    first try, no boosts. 5/3/5 antman at level 151. Match green and purple until enough to fire purple twice. Jean didn't get a power off.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good news - I beat her with a 3/1/4 Ant Man first try.
    Bad news - End up with a Mr Fantastic Cover from the Legendary token.

Can't win them all, I suppose...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My level 235 5/5/3 failed first time. I had a brain-fart and thought I was playing Jean against Ant-Man. Second time through, no problem.

Wolveroach's level 166 5/3/3 managed it first time without making such a stupid mistake.

From the tokens I got 4* Jean and Miles respectively.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That moment you realize you need just one more turn but the AI cascaded into a greentile.png match...

antman_so_close.jpg