4* DDQ: Thing VS Human Torch

Options
How did we do?

For once this was fairly simple, I'm seeing progress mainly due to the influx of Thing covers I've had in the last 2 months. last time I had 0/0/1 Thing, so didn't try, this time 3/4/3 lvl 166 managed it with 8500 health remaining, he didn't even get a power off. Definitely doable even with useless yellow. Boosted everything 80%, Boosted G/B 100%, +2 AP all, collect red and green

icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png for the win

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Went cheap as I need the ISO.

540 Thing, levelled to 110. +2R, Boost all 100, red 50%.
    Was cruising and one more match would have done it, then he got a lucky cascade and sent out a fireball, thought I was a goner but had 113 health left.

Now to continue with amassing ISO
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    278 Thing had no trouble at all, Torch got off one Flame Jet which never did any damage because the ai doesn't biuld ap before using it. One Yancy, one Clobber and it was game over for Johnny

icon_redhulk.png for a champion level
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/4/4 lvl 152, beat it on 2nd try, token got me a icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png to add a champ level, which got me another token, which netted 1k iso. Will gladly take a champ level and 1k iso for my reward!
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/0/4 Thing level 110. Wonder if I should give up. Could never get enough green, and once he launches black or red I'm dead.

Tips?
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have failed about 10 times now with my 2/4/3 level 138 Thing. I have gotten Torch down to ~1.5K health a couple of times, but he always manages to get enough red to fireball me. I'll keep trying once my health packs have refreshed...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion Thing, no problem. Collected red and green, one Yancy Street Special and one Clobberin time finished him off.
    Got Hulkbuster black from the token, AKA another champion level.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I have a 133 build at lev 140 and did it. You should be able to. The trick is to deny him his reds and have a green stored up for when he puts down his punches. Also boost your reds, greens and all col match damage up to 100%. Let us know how you do.
    pabasa130 wrote:
    2/0/4 Thing level 110. Wonder if I should give up. Could never get enough green, and once he launches black or red I'm dead.

Tips?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gave it a few tries with my 0/4/2 level 111 thing. used a few boosts, but couldn't get close.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fist attempt, 2/3/3 L 147. One Yancy Street Special from victory and failed.

YhSSijp.png?1
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got it on the 2nd try with level 148 Thing at 1/2/4. Boosted all AP, g/b AP, and 100% all match damage.

Denied red, black and green as much as I could, was able to fire off red 3x, which was mainly just helpful to stun Torch (not much damage at 1 cover). I saved using my green until I had Torch low enough to one-shot down him. It came really close as the AI got a huge cascade right at the end, if I hadn't finished him off there I would have been a goner with Torch's red.

Token got me the very elusive purpleflag.pngicon_redhulk.png
    I'm now at 3/2/1 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time this came around it was a real nightmare. I just barely managed it on my 0/2/4 145 Thing. It took me more than a dozen attempts, all with +100% match damage.

Alas, since that last rotation, I have managed to cover up my Thing all the way to 0/3/4. icon_e_sad.gif And although I have several hundred tacos saved, my ddq vault is mocking me with a green Thing.

Not sure if I am up for another very frustrating series of fights. Especially since OML is out of regular LTs, making them much less compelling for my roster (which desperately needs to add a couple of red and black OML covers).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 level 145 first try. even ate a red. that shows just how much they nerfed the 3*s. at level 270, torch red was easily taken - don't remember exactly but it was less than 5K. they've completely neutered them. torch went from a glass cannon (strong on the cannon) to glass pop gun. I kinda regret leveling him and some of the others. they'll only become effective again when they can reach boosted levels in the 300s. and by then i'll be scaled up to boosted 4* levels and they'll still be ineffective.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:

Tips?
    Won on my second try with a 2/0/4 level 120. Used r/y and g/b ap and rainbow damage boosts. Prioritize denying black over red. You can take a fireball, but inferno will end things quickly. When I got enough green for Yancy, he acquired enough black for inferno the next turn, so I held back a turn and caught many of the attack tiles plus his flame jet, then matched away all but one attack tile the next couple of turns. There's some luck involved, to be sure, but keep at it. It's very much possible.

Got a yellow Nick Fury, which will likely be sold.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Managed it second try with my 2/3/5 level 131 icon_thing.png - first try the AI managed to get a lot of black and fired off Inferno twice, but second time I was able to deny his colours a little easier. Got a yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png to take him to 1/3/3 icon_e_smile.gif

I almost can't believe I'm still 100% for the second round of 4* DDQ, but I can't see that a 2/3/2 icon_falcon.png is going to stand any chance next time.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ir0nF1sh wrote:
    I have a 133 build at lev 140 and did it. You should be able to. The trick is to deny him his reds and have a green stored up for when he puts down his punches. Also boost your reds, greens and all col match damage up to 100%. Let us know how you do.
    pabasa130 wrote:

Tips?

Levelled up to 147 to be able to survive better (and nuke better). With 100% damage boosts and green AP, and as per your suggestions, saved green to cast after he casts black (fortune favoured me when it hit all the attack tiles). Cast stun when I had two or more red/green matches to deny him.

Thanks for the tips! icon_e_biggrin.gif Very happy!
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2016
    Options
    2/3/4 lvl 140. +2 R/Y, +2 G/B, 100% all dmg.

Downed on 4th attempt. Gathered enough red and green to fire powers off, but held off. Denied HT colors as best as possible. Once he fired Inferno, used Yancy Street and it cleared attack tiles, stunned with red, matched a couple more green and finished him off.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/1/4 L140 +all damage + green/black damage. Took 3 tries but wasn't so bad as the most health he ever had left was 2500. Was just a matter of making sure denying red and green was the number one priority and then the AI not getting cascades.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/3/5 level 180 managed it second try. First time, little red, little green, forgot about black, ended up being Infernoed to death. Second time, boosted green/black, denied red, green and black, no problem.

And got Green Goblin yellow from the token. Yay, another 1000 HP gone.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/2/3, leveled from 110 to 127. Took 13 tries, and even then I only won with max match damage (100% all, 50% b/g, 50% r/y). Every move I made dropped him a move in his color. One of the times I had him close, he randomly cascaded like 7 red and 5 green. Hated this one a LOT. Hoarding the LT until I have like 3-4 saved up, I eagerly await the massive disappointment.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2016
    Options
    2/3/2 Thing underleveled at 124. 6? tries and the closest I got was under 3000. I'll try a rematch after adding some levels.

edit: Maxed his level to 147 and did it after 3 tries. Buffed red/yellow and green. His red and black never went off. You don't need to deny green because AI Torch is so bad at using Flame Jet. I got another XFW, bringing him to level 273.